Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Advice please!! A3 BLACK EDITION TDI - CONVERTING SINGLE EXHAUST TO TWIN

Ok finally decided i'm going to buy the Black Edition TDI 140 however, i'm very fussy and i don't like the single exhaust. I've decided when i buy the car i want to convert the single into a double exhaust. I don't have a clue how much this process will cost and what exactly will need changing. I'm hoping it won't cost much...any advice on what i need to do thanx.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    get a milltek cat back. approx cost 500
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    Get a new lower valance i think thats about 90, you will also need to get a new honeycomb effect that when i last checked was 110 As its different on the single and dual exhaust valance. And a new back box. If you plan on any performance mod may be worth looking at milltek
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

MPG the new BPH

Status
    i have a twin exit valance in lava grey not sure if its your year tho

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    The single exhaust doesn't seem to have many fans does it!

It should be a fairly easy mod to do but I would always question the cost/benefit.

6th Gear

Status
    Benskin is right, you need a new valance and 1 piece of honeycomb insert. (the main middle one)

The tow cover and left hand side honeycomb is the same.

Its a 10 minute job to switch the valance, its 2 screws and a load of slotted clips, easy!

Once thats sorted i'd get a custom exhaust place to put me some new stainless trims on to the standard box.

Shouldnt cost more than 250 all in. I'll put some pics of mine up next week once the custom trims are fitted. I'm going for 2x 3.5 inch as they look much nicer than the 2x3 inch Audi fit as OEM.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey thanks for the comments. The parts that i need where do i purchase them from. anyone could recommend me a place btw, i'm in Manchester so if anyone know's a decent garage let me know. I'm presuming i need to buy valance online?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boy5545 View Post
    Hey thanks for the comments. The parts that i need where do i purchase them from. anyone could recommend me a place btw, i'm in Manchester so if anyone know's a decent garage let me know. I'm presuming i need to buy valance online?
    No you need to get them from the parts counter at your local Audi dealer

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok popped down to the Audi service centre and told them i want to have the single exhaust changed to a double. The guy said it can't be done WTF!!! he also told me that modifying the exhaust will invalidate the car warranty. What's your thoughts guys?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boy5545 View Post
    Ok popped down to the Audi service centre and told them i want to have the single exhaust changed to a double. The guy said it can't be done WTF!!! he also told me that modifying the exhaust will invalidate the car warranty. What's your thoughts guys?
    Right dont listen to Audi regarding parts changing as they told us, you cant could do the single grill conversion from the split grills. Pretty sure they told NHN he couldnt do stuff with his car which he proved them wrong. You can buy the dual valance unclip your single one and sell it on.
    And clip the dual one on. Dont speak to parts regarding warranty after all they only work in parts and they probably cant even find there own nose. Regarding the exhaust just get a custom exhaust back box. Cant see why that would vaild it. Speak to sales or aftersales and see what they say
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    Any changes from standard spec CAN invalidate your warranty and should also be notified to your insurer... I know that sounds very BAh Humbug but I would hate to see folks lose their warranty and possibly more importantly be driving UNINSURED which is what could result from not declaring modifications.

6th Gear

Status
    No need to change the exhaust, any custom place can swap the single trim into a twin for 60-70

If Audi invalidate a warranty because of tail pipe trims, then they would never get custom! To be fair, they probably wouldnt even notice.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi All, does anyone have the truth about the single and twin exhausts? I'm about to buy the 170bhp sportback black edition and im gonna spec it pretty high, and after spending about 28ish grand, i defo want a double exhaust, and i dont want to have to fiddle about with it afterwards....

does anyone know why they have a single exhaust? thanks all

2nd Gear

Status
    The 170 has a twin.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks jbs! i ordered my A3 today! just got to wait till april/ may time now!

Banned

Status
    fforeggub posted on this a while ago Singh and some photos. You may be able to search them? Twin everyday for me!

All the best...