Where should my RNSE code be?

One Spoke

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've read the manuals and done a search on here, but can't find the answer.

Presumably there is an RNSE code provided to the first owner (2007 S3 by the way)? I bought it used last October from an Audi dealer and have all the manuals etc. but for the life of me I can't find the code. There is no perforated card missing from the handbooks, so not sure where it would have been originally?

I rang Audi and they said I would have to take the car to them so they can remove the RNSE and get a serial number off the back before emailing Audi for a code!!

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer.

Looks like someone's removed the whole page at some point then, as it wasn't there when I looked earlier. ******!

Presumably there is an RNSE code provided to the first owner (2007 S3 by the way)? I bought it used last October from an Audi dealer and have all the manuals etc. but for the life of me I can't find the code. There is no perforated card missing from the handbooks, so not sure where it would have been originally?

I didn't get a code with mine, providing you don't fit the RNSe to another car you wont need the code as the unit remembers your cars chassis number.

I rang Audi and they said I would have to take the car to them so they can remove the RNSE and get a serial number off the back before emailing Audi for a code!!

Complete crap, they can read the units serial number with their VAS system and retrieve the code from Germany.

Thanks John. The rnse came factory fitted to my car so what you have said will make my day if the bodyshop disconnects my battery!

as john says if its your rns-e you dont have to worry, and furthermore there are ways around the pin code too