Black Edition 2.0TDI single or double exhaust? confused

correction duly noted, though there's no 1.9 engine anymore

Cheers for that they dropped that old lump as well did they, i suppose the 1.6TDI is similar power to the old 1.9.

That old 1.9TDI and the old 1.6 petrols were not good lumps at all in the present day.

Does seem odd how they have switched to a single tail pipe, it doesn't look half as good. Doesn't bother me as I'm only interested in the 170 anyway.

Cheers for that they dropped that old lump as well did they, i suppose the 1.6TDI is similar power to the old 1.9.

That old 1.9TDI and the old 1.6 petrols were not good lumps at all in the present day.

We have a 1.6Tdi Loaner this week and it's a cracking little engine, far better than the 1.9Tdi of which we have experience with Mk 5 Golfs. The 1.9Tdi is a good relaible solid lump and some go on for way over 200,000 miles with little problem BUT they are a bit noisy in town! The 1.6Tdi is really quite and hardly appears to be using any fuel!!

Re the S3 Oval exhausts, I think the picks are mock ups, the real life one I saw in showroom had round pipes!!

the 1.6 isn't a bad engine. it was relatively torquey and economical. still much better than some of the rubbish other cars have as their entry level. only thing was it's emissions were a bit on the high side. if they sorted that i reckon they could have kept the engine around until the next gen. it just so happens they'd developed a 1.2T for the A1 and decided they might as well drop the 1.6

jesus christ, the 140 has a single exhaust because its not very powerfull and the 170 has a twin exhaust full, stop thats it.