Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2.0 TDi CR 170 Sportback BE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Hope Viv in Bath Audi sorted you out OK... ;-)
    All cases resolved at the highest level
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi CR 170 S-line Black Edition MY11 -
    Comfort package, Adaptive Light, Flat tyre warning indicator, Luggage pack, Reversible floor mat in boot, Through load system
    First aid kit and warning triangle, Interior light pack, Electric lumbar support, Electric front seats, Heatet front seats, USB connection

My page about Audi A3 - http://www.a3tdi.uphero.com
    combustion - http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/429019.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    correction duly noted, though there's no 1.9 engine anymore
    Cheers for that they dropped that old lump as well did they, i suppose the 1.6TDI is similar power to the old 1.9.

That old 1.9TDI and the old 1.6 petrols were not good lumps at all in the present day.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

5th Gear

Status
    Does seem odd how they have switched to a single tail pipe, it doesn't look half as good. Doesn't bother me as I'm only interested in the 170 anyway.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    Cheers for that they dropped that old lump as well did they, i suppose the 1.6TDI is similar power to the old 1.9.

That old 1.9TDI and the old 1.6 petrols were not good lumps at all in the present day.
    We have a 1.6Tdi Loaner this week and it's a cracking little engine, far better than the 1.9Tdi of which we have experience with Mk 5 Golfs. The 1.9Tdi is a good relaible solid lump and some go on for way over 200,000 miles with little problem BUT they are a bit noisy in town! The 1.6Tdi is really quite and hardly appears to be using any fuel!!

Re the S3 Oval exhausts, I think the picks are mock ups, the real life one I saw in showroom had round pipes!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    the 1.6 isn't a bad engine. it was relatively torquey and economical. still much better than some of the rubbish other cars have as their entry level. only thing was it's emissions were a bit on the high side. if they sorted that i reckon they could have kept the engine around until the next gen. it just so happens they'd developed a 1.2T for the A1 and decided they might as well drop the 1.6
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

shanejess
    jesus christ, the 140 has a single exhaust because its not very powerfull and the 170 has a twin exhaust full, stop thats it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12