AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: Cabbaged tyre!

Neutral

Status

Cabbaged tyre!

This morning my girlfriend drove to Bolton from Newcastle and in the last 5 mins of her journey she noticed that the ride had gone harder and suspected that she was losing air pressure. She drove to Kwik fit ho said the tyre was ruined and so she had to get it changed.

I spoke to the guy there who said that there is no hole in the wheel apart from the inside rip on the tyre wall from where she had been driving it.

As the car is only a few months old, should I take the tyre back to Audi? I know tyres are not covered by warranty but surely a car that is a couple of months from them should not have an issue?

Also there is a squeeking noise coming from the other wheel and dont understand if its a disc or brakes that are squeeking.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Got a few scuffs on the wheels now too so looks like im gonna have to get them repaired and maybe resprayed. What colour? Dont fancy buying a new set as I like these wheels

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ducks1978 View Post
    I spoke to the guy there who said that there is no hole in the wheel apart from the inside rip on the tyre wall from where she had been driving it.
    It's a clever guy if he can work out there is no puncture on a tyre when its impossible to inflate it & put in a tyre bath.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ducks1978 View Post
    Got a few scuffs on the wheels now too so looks like im gonna have to get them repaired and maybe resprayed. What colour? Dont fancy buying a new set as I like these wheels
    Anthracite would look good if your looking to spray all the wheels, would look good against the Ibis?

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral
    Othello Champion

Status
    Take the tyre to your Audi dealer and have a word with them

Neutral

Status
    Might launch it at em, she said the tyre was stinking!! told her to leave it out and pollute the air in Bolton.

Anthracite sounds like a goer. Just thinking rather than doing a few scuff repairs and get the whole lot done in one go

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Theres plenty of images on this forum for you to take a good look and decide on, just so you can be sure your making the right decision!

What alloys you got at the moment?

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    It's a clever guy if he can work out there is no puncture on a tyre when its impossible to inflate it & put in a tyre bath.

I agree, sounds like run flat damage to me, i imagine the wheel got damaged when she hit something in the road to cause a sidewall blow out. the tyre would smell of burning rubber.
    2010 Audi A3, Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 PS, S-line Black Edition,
    Exclusive Suzuka Gray, Exclusive Silver & Black Full Nappa Leather Heated Seats,
    Blue Tooth,Bose Symphony 6 CD - i Pod.
    Bi-Xenon Headlights / DRL Led, 18" Titanium alloy wheels.

5th Gear

Status
    run flat damage? are the 2010 A3's on run flats?

6th Gear

Status
    He means that the tyre under inflated & then the rim ran on the now flattened sidewalls. This cuts a groove in them & wrecks the tyre in no time at all.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I cannot see how you can take a tyre back to audi to complain. It's a consumable part.