will black edition rear valant fit an pre-facelift a3 s-line?

geron

Norway Massive
Reaction score
Will this facelift black edition/s-line rear valant:
IMG_0273.jpg

Fit this pre facelift:
21_1885989940.jpg

Any idea or examples of people who have fitted it? :drool:

No. The facelift has a completely different rear bumper.

Yeah different bumper, my 54 plate looks the same as a new one now after doing the bumper/lights! :)

using the photos you've put up the answer is indeed no because the 3dr valance doesn't fit on the 5dr bumper or vice versa.

HOWEVER i'd imagine that the 3dr may fit the 3dr for example, because the bumpers superficially are indeed the same shape.

i've got a 3dr 8P2 S-Line, and have just bought an 8P3 bumper without a valance (i've seen an aftermarket one i like). if the valance from my 8P2 bumper fits in the 8P3 bumper then it stands to reason that the 8P3 diffuser would fit in the 8P2's bumper. i wouldn't put my mortgage on it but it's worth a shot. if you were to buy one and it didn't fit you'd easily sell it.

i'll give it a try next wknd and let you know the outcome.

Cant see the picture due to being in work. As Lee said the newer valance wont fit the older stlye bumper. I just bought the new bumper and valance together :) Lee did you have to change any trim?

ok i was going to try put an 8P2 valance trim on the 8P3 bumper i have to see if there was any possibility it would fit, but i have no idea how to take the plastic trim piece out of my valance and i don't feel like ripping the whole thing to shreds to find out. if anyone has any info on how to do it then i'll give it a whack today. otherwise it'll have to be some other time because the bumper's living in Leeds until I can get it fitted in Brum (where i live)

It doesnt fit............End of! The fittings are completely different, dont waste your time!

Anything off an 08 facelift will not fit unless the bumper is included.

yeah, and the fittings for the S-Line valance don't fit the regular 8P1 bumper and the facelift white DIS doesn't fit in the 8P1s either. but NHN never got those memos.

i've put the bumpers side by side and the cut outs are exactly the same shape. yeah the fittings might be different but who cares? that can be remedied quite easily, and more cheaply then getting a new bumper and having it sprayed up.

so my original question stands - how do i get the grey insert out of my 8P2 S-Line bumper?

yeah, and the fittings for the S-Line valance don't fit the regular 8P1 bumper and the facelift white DIS doesn't fit in the 8P1s either. but NHN never got those memos.

i've put the bumpers side by side and the cut outs are exactly the same shape. yeah the fittings might be different but who cares? that can be remedied quite easily, and more cheaply then getting a new bumper and having it sprayed up.

so my original question stands - how do i get the grey insert out of my 8P2 S-Line bumper?

Yes your right with the valance fitting pre facelift cars but it still doesnt look right even when done really well. It sounds like you have a nice spec car mate, dont go ruining it by cutting corners. Facelift bumpers are £30 on ebay. Do the right thing!!

As for your question, you can remove the valance complete from your bumper quite easy. Its 2 screws in either lower corner and one in each wheel arch. its then just a case of pulling it out of its clips. Once you have that off I'm guessing the grey bit is a seperate section also held in by clips but i've heard the grey bit cannot be bought seperately from the valance so maybe its just one piece? I've never seen one split thats for sure. Its a quick check to verify, stick your head under and have a look!

Once you have that off I'm guessing the grey bit is a seperate section also held in by clips but i've heard the grey bit cannot be bought seperately from the valance so maybe its just one piece?

that's what i was afraid of.

and damn, i paid £75 for my bumper, without the diffuser. had parking sensor holes tho, maybe that's why

i had the same prob.. you cant put the valance on its self but if you like the newer bumper as much as i did then your gana have to buy the full bumper 5 door will fit perfect 3 door will not fit the 5door as it is totally different

Just a quick question, where can the POST FACELIFT S Line valances be purchased from and how much for?

geron are you possibly selling one?

Cheers

Just a quick question, where can the POST FACELIFT S Line valances be purchased from and how much for?

geron are you possibly selling one?

Cheers

ebay, but usually only with the bumper. i've been looking for one for a while and they're rare. the alternative it a new one from Audi, but you're looking at somewhere in the region of £180 if memory serves me correct. it's listed on another thread if you search

That valance is nice which it would of fitted by 54 plate!

i've read that as "that valance is nice. wish it would have fitted my 54 plate.

if i'm correct then it will fit your 54 plate. you just need the new bumper to go with it. if you don't have parking sensors then it'll be a right doddle. just get it sprayed and fit it yourself. total cost for the bumper with diffuser i reckon ~£400

I got the new rear bumper on my 05 A3 just need new bumper as said.
Will cost a bit as new bumper £170+ valance was £95 when I checked and the honey combe effect trim is about £120. I had to also get a new seal/trim £12. But got mine second hand off eBay.

Hi
As a few memebers have done it already here i wanted to know the following:
On 5door
will a sline prefacelift bumper fit with a facelift black edition or s3 diffuser/valance?
will a facelift non sline bumper fit with a black edition or s3 valance/diffuser

i have had a few different anwers so wanted it clarifying, since a few people have done it here

thanks in advance

It's cheaper to add the S3 diffuser @ circa £85 inc vat. As benskin said the honey comb that fits into the valance cost £120, the valance is about £90.

I should have a 5dr one about 8mnths old for sale in a couple weeks without honeycomb :)

The honeycomb is required for the black ed?
so will the facelift s3 diffuser fit a preface lift sline bumper or a facelift bumper?
facelift and prefacelift bumpers are around the same price arnt they on ebay...

Facelift bumpers for facelift diffusers...

So no diffuser will fit the preface lift s line bumper? other than the s line diffuser. I have heard you can but a guess they must be wrong.

Can you use any facelift 5 door bumper to add the s3/black ed diffuser?

please can someone put a link up for circa can't find it .

thanks

They can be fitted if you cut a bit off here and there, ask NHN he fit an S3 one to a sport bumper if I recall correctly. Not a straight bolt on though

So no diffuser will fit the preface lift s line bumper? other than the s line diffuser. I have heard you can but a guess they must be wrong.

Can you use any facelift 5 door bumper to add the s3/black ed diffuser?

Which facelift you on about mate? If you have an 06 on S line then yes the S3 valance will fit but none of the new style black edition ones will go on without the bumper aswell

I have a 54plate 5door. Wanted to know if..
prefacelift so b4 08 sline bumper will fit s3 or black edition diffuser?
or if i will need a facelift bumper to add the diffuser?
The black edition honeycomb is it similar to aftermarket meshes?

link for circa please

I have a 54plate 5door. Wanted to know if..
prefacelift so b4 08 sline bumper will fit s3 or black edition diffuser?
or if i will need a facelift bumper to add the diffuser?
The black edition honeycomb is it similar to aftermarket meshes?

link for circa please

If you get an 8P2 rear bumper only an 8P2 s-line or 8P2 S3 valance will fit. But has to be 5door. May be wrong but if you want the S3 rear valance you will need 8P3 bumper and valance. As 8P2 S3 were only 3door and I don't think there valance will fit a sportsback bumper.
If you want an black edition valance you need an 8P3 rear bumper. And 8P3 valance. No 8P3 valancea will fit any 8P2 bumpers. And no audi honeycomb mesh is better than any aftermarket mesh I've seen. All the answers are in this thread may be worth reading it.

Last edited:
If you get an 8P2 rear bumper only an 8P2 s-line or 8P2 S3 valance will fit. But has to be 5door. May be wrong but if you want the S3 rear valance you will need 8P3 bumper and valance. As 8P2 S3 were only 3door and I don't think there valance will fit a sportsback bumper.
If you want an black edition valance you need an 8P3 rear bumper. And 8P3 valance. No 8P3 valancea will fit any 8P2 bumpers. And no audi honeycomb mesh is better than any aftermarket mesh I've seen. All the answers are in this thread may be worth reading it.

Unfortunately you are slightly out! He will need the S line 8P2 bumper (smooth no rub strips) to fit either the S line or S3 valance. The 8P2 S3 uses the same rear bumper as the 8P3 S3, only the valance is slightly different. Both S3 valances fit that particular bumper. As he has a sportback thats irrelavant as the 5 door S3 was not launched until 8P3 shape so if he wants and S3 valance he will need an 09+ 5 door specific one. Confused? :p

Last edited:
i think ive got it. To put a s3 rear valance i cant use a 3 dr one but a 5door which was released 08-?

yes, but you need a prefacelift S-Line bumper.

Unfortunately you are slightly out! He will need the S line 8P2 bumper (smooth no rub strips) to fit either the S line or S3 valance. The 8P2 S3 uses the same rear bumper as the 8P3 S3, only the valance is slightly different. Both S3 valances fit that particular bumper. As he has a sportback thats irrelavant as the 5 door S3 was not launched until 8P3 shape so if he wants and S3 valance he will need an 09+ 5 door specific one. Confused? :p

:moa: :lmfao:

Please can someone confirm if a 08-10 rear sline bumper and rear led tails for sb will fit a "54 PLATE". Just been told it can only be a straight swap if my car was 06- and on

I have a 54 plate and they fit just fine - straight swap

Not sure TBH as I have seen facelift sportbacks that have a similar rear valance to that of the 06' S Line sportback. Ask them for the part number and compare it to what we've posted in here... Great price though mate, and has PDC holes if you fancy doing a retrofit (assuming you don't already have em)

please can someone confirm if the bumper in the link above will fit with a black edition or s3 valance. I think it is a normal 08- bumper...so dont know if there is any difference in the sline and normal bumper. I want to buy is asap but dont wont to be stuck with it if it don't fit so please inform

thanks