brake pad warning light even though the pads have loads left on them

DOLPHIN DIESEL

Reaction score
as above realy, when i turn the key the warning beep and light comes on saying there is a fault with the pads, all pads have loads of life left in them, whats going on?

One of the connectors has failed somewhere between the brake pad and the loom.
They are fairly exposed next to the hub and get hit . I have the exact same problem.

maybe i was too heavy handed fitting the coilovers then, how do i fix it? imguessing i need to find the break in connection and go from there yeah?

you got it.

Wiggle all the plugs and see if you can make the light go out/come on

you got cheap pads? Some of them have the sensors poorly fitted too close to the surface. Seen a pad with 3k miles on it worn to the sensor and there must have been 8mm pad on it!

On my old mans db9 the brake pad warnings come on when theres still rougly 10k miles of life left in them...a bit crazy but could it be something similar?

On my old mans db9 the brake pad warnings come on when theres still rougly 10k miles of life left in them...a bit crazy but could it be something similar?

probably, arent the DB9 ones the same as the Mondeo Zetec? ;-)

i also have the same problem, my pads all near new and the light came on. i went to my local gsf and asked guys ther said it is possible connection on loom as this is common fault. find wher this connection is lost and get new loom. guys ther said is only cheap to replace this

Take the sensor out and have a look at it, its probably broken or the wires to it have broken.
You need to cut it off to get to the wires then connect them to each other and the fault will go away. Or if you still want the sensor then buy one and connect it up, its only 2 wires.