Where to Buy a spoiler ?

I oOEddOo I

Reaction score
Currently I need to buy a spoiler but don't know where to get one but ideally i want a good deal.:unsure:

I have a normal standard a3 without spoiler like an sline on the back.
Just want to add a spoiler on now but where from ??

Thank you for any suggestion :)

Probably crazy money new, try eBay mate or breakers as you'll be spraying it anyway

Is there any brand new oem instead of that replica spoiler I mean a website that i can going in and get a new one ?

what's your budget? i reckon £150 is fairly reasonable, and that's from an Audi main dealer. take it to any other dealer and they should pricematch.

WARNING, DONT TOUCH ANYTHING FROM THE EBAY SELLER GARYF1971, THEY'RE ****, VERY ****, THE PAINT PEELS AFTERWARDS, I'VE PAINTED MINE 3 TIMES NOW & HE WONT DO **** ABOUT IT, THE GUYS A 1ST CLASS ******, STEER CLEAR & DO AS PADDY HAS CORRECTLY ADVISED, BUY OEM EVERYTIME AS I NOW AM DOING.

Last edited:
is that a votex rear spoiler sub39h ?

the Stoke Audi link probably is a votex one, yes. It'll come primered so you just need some colour on it. in other words not much to fit.

the other alternative is to get an entire tailgate from a car being broken. they go for a similar amount. then just take the spoiler off.

WARNING, DONT TOUCH ANYTHING FROM THE EBAY SELLER GARYF1971, THEY'RE ****, VERY ****, THE PAINT PEELS AFTERWARDS, I'VE PAINTED MINE 3 TIMES NOW & HE WONT DO **** ABOUT IT, THE GUYS A 1ST CLASS ******, STEER CLEAR & DO AS PADDY HAS CORRECTLY ADVISED, BUY OEM EVERYTIME AS I NOW AM DOING.

Yup ..i took one of them to the tip just last week after i got my car back with the Votex fitted, the one he sent weighed a ton and would have needed 6" nails to secure it. It also had been filled on the ends with a sort of white mastic that never set in the 6 months i had it. Never did bother with the paint. Stoke Audi one was over twice the price but ten times the quality.

As said dont buy any replica ones off ebay. Either buy an s-line spoiler from a dealer or breaker. Or buy a votex one from a dealer. £150 mine cost

Just remember if you buy a oem sline/s3 one, you will have to mad it slightly. Only a case of cutting a couple of lugs off.

Stay away from ebay ones like you would a hooker with herpes and syphilis

i would only buy oem you cant get anywhere near the same quality , they are cheap for a good reason on ebay they are cheap crap

Yep stay away from ebay. There made in **** moulds and dont even fit! As ive found out aswell

Any website or links that i could go in and buy one ? votex or oem either one

does this stand out because a standard a3 hasn't got a spoiler but that picture looks no different to a standard a3 :S

yeah it does , its not a huge wing like you would expect to find on a rally car but its a nice small but effective spoiler not over the top and in your face the only difference between this one and the standard s-line one is on this one the ends are more square compared to the s-line which are smoother and more rounded

Hi,
I recently was after the same but I took a plunge on an ebay one.
I have a 5 door sline but its was pre full kit.
It fits great cost £80 and £150 to fit and paint so all in less than the OEM S Line one.

I tried and failed miserably to put a pic of it up, PM with an email address and I can send direct rather than clogging up the forum again.

I am well pleased with the results.

I got one from GARY1971. Its exactly as described above. Very roughly moulded, doesnt take paint well and sits too high off the back end of the car. Dont do it!

Anyone whos got an orginal s line or vortex tell me or show a pic of it, does it sit slightly a higher level then the roof? or does it sit flush?

I bought one from Gary it fit all right but it takes more coats of paint than usual.

does it sit slightly a higher level then the roof? or does it sit flush?

Considering the boot line is already flush with the roof, then the spoiler of course has a thickness, thus will sit higher than the roof, so yes its higher minimally.

I bought one from Gary it fit all right but it takes more coats of paint than usual.

More paint, I have had a professional redo 2 spoilers now, 1 is fxcking useless piece of **** after 3 paint jobs, other took 2-3 paints as it also bubbled & isnt perfect either, totally crap item & I'm now alone on these issues.

This is a votex from stoke Audi. Made to fit, takes paint and is spot on, sits about 3-4 mm high but as the roof curls down it looks right.

Smellysback2.jpg

Nige has told you and so have I. buy a proper one or dont bother, its really that simple.

Oh crap! the guy who was sparying the spoiler was going crazy coats after coats because it sucked up the paint and because of sh*t quility the spoiler is made. But i hope it wont buble up fingers crossed...

Cross your balls aswell given my experiences, the guys a CXNT.

That photo of the votex one looks like bad fitting. I can get one of mine tomorrow and upload if that helps any one.

That photo of the votex one looks like bad fitting. I can get one of mine tomorrow and upload if that helps any one.

Yep, that votex does look quite badly fitted.

And yep, a pic of yours will help a lot mate. Trying to work out whether to get an votex one or the more expensive s-line one.
Cheers.