Smoothie's S-line:

Those skirts look absolutely spot on mate :cool:

Have you not 'spaced out' the fronts then ?....nothing wrong, just sounds...erm....different ?

Those skirts look absolutely spot on mate :cool:

Have you not 'spaced out' the fronts then ?....nothing wrong, just sounds...erm....different ?

Cheers mate, original plan was gonna space rear 12mm and front 10mm but after some talks with guys on here decided to just do the rear and if I didn't like it could always add the fronts later! But can honestly say I'm glad I just went with the rears as the staggered look is great lol

I couldn't be happier with how it came out, pictures don't do it justice can really only be seen in the 2nd and 4th pic how the front wheels tuck in a little and the rears sit flush! I'd advise anyone to just do the rear now

Last edited:
Cheers mate, original plan was gonna space rear 12mm and front 10mm but after some talks with guys on here decided to just do the rear and if I didn't like it could always add the fronts later! But can honestly say I'm glad I just went with the rears as the staggered look is great lol

I couldn't be happier with how it came out, pictures don't do it justice can really only be seen in the 2nd and 4th pic how the front wheels tuck in a little and the rears sit flush! I'd advise anyone to just do the rear now

Hmmm.....that does actually sound like a good plan too. Can I ask how it cost for just the rear spacers ?

Great looking car Smoothie, nice clean example and those skirts improve it no end. I'm aiming to do this at some point, looks far better.

Great job, keep it up

skirts and spacers really finish it off! I'll take some photos for you at dubshed

Great looking car Smoothie, nice clean example and those skirts improve it no end. I'm aiming to do this at some point, looks far better.

Great job, keep it up

Thanks mate

skirts and spacers really finish it off! I'll take some photos for you at dubshed

Cheers lad, yea get some pics then although hard to get in to dubshed without air-ride but you never know

Love your car matey and I've been following your thread for inspiration. I like how you've kept everything very subtle but still enhancing the original look. Gonna be nicking some of your ideas for mine in the coming months dude!

Thanks mate, judging by the pm's & comments a lot of people have thought the same! Suppose most guys on here want to add to their car but can't have a show queen as it's their daily car which is what I've done

Appreciate the comments guys thanks

Last edited:
Hi mate, my car is on an o4 plate pre-facelift it's got the double din dash, so just wandering how much approx the sat nav unit will cost ? And how much for fitting? And would there be any other bits n bobs I would need, there's a place in Leicester where I'm from that does it for £750 all in, would do you think mate??

Hi mate, my car is on an o4 plate pre-facelift it's got the double din dash, so just wandering how much approx the sat nav unit will cost ? And how much for fitting? And would there be any other bits n bobs I would need, there's a place in Leicester where I'm from that does it for £750 all in, would do you think mate??

Hello mate, if you already have double-din you could do the install very easily yourself and just have to pay for someone to code it which would be next to nothing! You basically need the RNS-E unit, GPS antenna, map disk, removal keys, quadlock adaptor and FM harness! You can get a kit on eBay that includes everything but the FM and the quadlock wiring for about £450

And then the wireing harness a further £50 from kufatec, so considerable saving

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks mate, judging by the pm's & comments a lot of people have thought the same! Suppose most guys on here want to add to their car but can't have a show queen as it's their daily car which is what I've done

Certainly worthy of showing mate:yum: For me though it's a case of not having enough cashflow to do all the mods I want especially when my other hobby is mountain biking....a very similar world of obsession and expense:laugh:

Btw did you also use locking wheel nuts on the rear as the kit from dpm only comes with standard bolts?

Wow Smoothie that looks awesome mate. I been following this thread as i was thinking about S3 skirts on my sline too and after seeing yours i think i better get saving!! lol Car looks awesome mate well done.

well done smoothie looks ace!! question!? im running 10m spacers on rear and getting real bad rubbing!!! im on ET50 CH's... are you gettin any rubbing at all? & what ET are your pescaras?? thanks

Cuz your tyres are so bulky Ry :laugh:

only 225 PS3's its so bad! was 3 up at weekend! not good! then just me + 1 yesterday and was cornering hard! rubbage made me feel sick!! cant see any damage anywhere so not too worried but am sort of thinking i might loose my rear bumper at some point! need to get them ****** srcews out the arches but am too lazy to get my wheels off!! lol

:laugh: Ballon tyres FTW!

3433560.jpg

Sorry Smoothie got my wires crossed it's a single din not double lol!

Ok lad then you need everything mentioned above and also the buttons etc i can only help you with the newer 09 switches as thats what i have, at £750 from the other guys you will be getting the older style switches IMO. And you will need a suitable DD climate unit as its slightly different shape

Ok this is from the receipt from Audi:

Double-Din Cage : 8P0 858 005 D : £35.45

Bezel which holds switches left of the hazard button : 8P0 941 567 A : £2.97

Blank left : 8P0 941 515 D : £2.61 (unless you have tyre warning)
ESP Switch : 8P0 927 134 D : £11.96
Passenger airbag warning light : 8P0 919 234 B: £11.53
Hazard Switch : 8P0 941 509 D : £19.88

Card Shelf : 8P0 941 561 J : £27.31
Trim Surround for buttons : 8P0 863 321 F : £6.54

Very nice car. Mine is running on same wheels. Now with the spacers fitted on to yours maybe I will fit some too.
Tell me what ET & J are your wheels ? I think that 7,5 J x 18 ET54. Mine is running on 8 J x 18 ET43 with s-line coils and Eibach springs and maybe I shall take different spacers ? Something smaller than yours. You have the 30 mm ?
H&R Spurverbreiterung für AUDI A3 8P 30mm DR 3055571 bei eBay.de: Spurverbreiterung (endet 16.03.11 02:35:56 MEZ)

Keep the good work .
Best regards

Hello, my wheels are OEM Audi at ET54 and 7.5J, i have the 24mm H&R spacers at the rear! (Which is 12mm each side making the rear ET42) perfect fit mate, no issues

Looking sweet smoothie!

Hello mate, see your from warringstown? Post a pic of your car and il watch out for you i live in lurgan!

Certainly worthy of showing mate:yum: For me though it's a case of not having enough cashflow to do all the mods I want especially when my other hobby is mountain biking....a very similar world of obsession and expense:laugh:

Btw did you also use locking wheel nuts on the rear as the kit from dpm only comes with standard bolts?

Cheers mate, yep you can get extended lockers! Macguard i think are the post popular

well done smoothie looks ace!! question!? im running 10m spacers on rear and getting real bad rubbing!!! im on ET50 CH's... are you gettin any rubbing at all? & what ET are your pescaras?? thanks

The pescaras are ET54 lad, i've got 12mm at the rear and no rubbing at all! Sorry to hear your having trouble, plenty of clearance to go lower as well

Not the best comparison but gives you a better idea of how much the skirts and rear spacers have done for the car, also taken off the mud guards now as it made sense with fronts having to come off because of the skirts! Its a better look without i think

5068879573_f2d38cd1b6_b.jpg

613be454.jpg

looks ace smoothie, maybe a little bit of spacer'age on the front!!?

looks ace smoothie, maybe a little bit of spacer'age on the front!!?

yea 10mm was my plan at the front, but i like the staggered look now! If anything it compliments the rear sitting flush so will be leaving the front alone lad

much better without mud guards off !
Ok thanks for the info's the 24 mm spacers with et 54 are like my ET 43, mine are also OEM BBS from my uncle S4 B7.
Maybe I shouldn't go for spacers in my case. The rims are also 8 J with streched 225 / 40 tyres.
Front spacers could bring damage to your bearings and other parts.

Go for bi-xenons they will change the front face of the car. ;)
How do you manage without your wiper?

Ok thanks for the info's the 24 mm spacers with et 54 are like my ET 43, mine are also OEM BBS from my uncle S4 B7.
Maybe I shouldn't go for spacers in my case. The rims are also 8 J with streched 225 / 40 tyres.

just a question mate, what tyre are you running to get a stretch on 8J with 225??

only i am using the same setup & knowhere near a stretch! which i need! to get some arch clearance!

You could go for a smaller rear spacer mate? 8mm? Show me a picture of your current setup to see if you even need them! Well if front spacers can do damage then i'm really glad i only went for the rear lol

I would love bi-xenon, i would have done it a long time ago but it seems very complicated to retrofit, beyond my knowledge anyway! Did you retrofit them? The rear wiper is not missed at all mate, i use a sealant on the back window which keeps it clear, looks so much better without and they scrape the hell out of the window when dirty anyways

Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza RE050 225/40 R18.
Wheels are from S4 B7 oem's. s-line and eibach pro kit. I don't have problems at all. A3 Sportback
If you want I will take some pics but now I'm running on winter setup on 205/60 R16
Here is snow and very cold weather, the summer wheels are waiting for summer time.

You could go for a smaller rear spacer mate? 8mm? Show me a picture of your current setup to see if you even need them! Well if front spacers can do damage then i'm really glad i only went for the rear lol

I would love bi-xenon, i would have done it a long time ago but it seems very complicated to retrofit, beyond my knowledge anyway! Did you retrofit them? The rear wiper is not missed at all mate, i use a sealant on the back window which keeps it clear, looks so much better without and they scrape the hell out of the window when dirty anyways

Bi-xenons not only for the looks, the light is a huge improvement and you will love them more.
The price is huge from audi dealers but ebay.de has some bargains. Search for them also in uk.
Bought mines at 750 euro with Osram Bulbs and xenon modules. They are rare mate, watch out for replicas !
They looked like this :
Photo181-001.jpg

Now running on facelift conversion with led bi-xenons.
Also you need leveling kit, from kufatec or ebay.
Kufa's price are ok KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - aLWR Komplettset Audi A3 8P & PA Bi-Xenon mit AFS 35557
If you don't want the leveling mod you can manage without it.
Find some proper electric mechanics and the job will be simple. Vag - com coding also needed.
It is not so hard.

Maybe I will not fit the spacers thanks for your info's about yours

Go for bi-xenons they will change the front face of the car.

I have to agree, bi-xenons are impressive, not just in terms of looks, but performance too :thumbsup:

I would love bi-xenon, i would have done it a long time ago but it seems very complicated to retrofit, beyond my knowledge anyway!

Smooth, get in touch with these guys - Home - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK they retrofitted mine.

I believe they have a whole package of supplying the parts i.e. headlights and wiring loom plus installation. I do think their price for that is quite steep though.

Luckily i managed to source a full set of bi-xenons at a pretty good price, so only needed the guys at vwcruise to install it.

An option to consider??

Smooth, get in touch with these guys - Home - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK they retrofitted mine.

I believe they have a whole package of supplying the parts i.e. headlights and wiring loom plus installation. I do think their price for that is quite steep though.

Luckily i managed to source a full set of bi-xenons at a pretty good price, so only needed the guys at vwcruise to install it.

An option to consider??

I've seen these guys work before but they are quite a long drive from me lol So you basically supplied the lights and they supplied everything else such as the ballasts, modules etc

looking epic smoothie! i think i would maybe tint the rear 3 windows? other than that..perfection!

looking epic smoothie! i think i would maybe tint the rear 3 windows? other than that..perfection!

Thanks mate, always welcome suggestions for improvement! But tints over here would be a bad idea, only cheapen the look if you know what i mean on account every cap wearing youth in a saxo having tints lol

I agree with you. No tints needed here. You have a super clean oem look !
Hope to see the xenons then. You will love driving the car in dark ;)