Confuuuuuuuuuused.com!

smudge_don

Reaction score
As a few of you know, i fitted some TTRS brakes to the A3 a few months ago

All is well with them, and i love the setup, but i noticed something odd the other day...

Passenger side has the drilled holes going the correct way it would seem

135-1.jpg

Drivers side has the holes going the other way.....

007-5.jpg

Have The TT Shop given me 2 of the same side or something? :ermm:

im no expert in the brake area, but that would annoy me as well! Would seem they have given you two of the same, doubt this is common practise

well maybe just do some more research on the TT-RS and see what way the brakes are on both sides

il keep an eye out as well

well maybe just do some more research on the TT-RS and see what way the brakes are on both sides

il keep an eye out as well

Looking on google images, i can see a few where the passenger side is the same way as my driver side, with the holes looking like they go the wrong way

If 1 goes what looks like the wrong way, then so must the other surely? Wouldn't have them going opposite ways would you?

Seems strange to me too. The holes must be directional for a reason and I would expect them to be the same both sides so the effect of them is equal?!

Guess to be sure, you'll need to look at a TTRS at a dealer and see what the score is. Perhaps it was cost cutting so they only have to produce one disc instead of 2!

Spoke to the TT shop earlier, they said that they all come like that as Audi just produce 1 brake disc, not 1 for each side....

that's very OCD lol. i can't stand it when wheels do that, but i think i'll be alright if the brake pads do lol

Looks like both sides share same disk. Here are some photos that prove that.

cheers