After seeing a £35k S3 today...

Chappy

Call me Dan!
Reaction score
I have decided to have my roof done gloss black vinyl :) Anyone know a good place in the Lincolnshire area to have it done? This S3 had the Sky view sunroof, looked gorgeous!!
Also, if I were to paint the rear Audi badge black, what can I use to stick it back on?

Danny.

yea as the boyd man said, easiest option would be to to buy a new set and spray them rather than struggle with getting them stuck back on without using super glue lol

I can get you one like mine that is made from black ABS so there is no chance that it will peel like spraying a chrome one!

IMG_0017.jpg

Smoothie, yeah, that would be better, don't want it to peel! how much you asking for it, there are some on ebay for just a tenner but from the USA?
thanks,
Danny.

well mate when i was doing mine, i thought £20 for chrome ones from audi then rub them down and maybe another £5 for can of spray and still run the chance of it peeling in a year or so!

Then found a guy that could make them from the ABS for £21 which you just peel the back off and stick on! so thats why i went with them, i would be looking £25 posted to you as pay-pal would take about £2

So up to you mate, if you can get a decent one on eBay for £10 then that sounds better deal than mine for sure, unless the postage is expensive??

Smoothie,

i bought the second pair of rings from the american site, i want to paint them gloss though as they come matt, any ideas? i was thinking of just doing a laquer coat over it but not sure how it would turn out...

For Chappy mine cost £24 for front and rear and they are good quality.

ok so they are matt black plastic? well i wouldn't be so sure about the lacquer, what about a gloss black spray that requires no primer! loads in B&Q like plastikote etc

just read the label, make sure it requires no primer and produces gloss finish without the need for lacquer...i remember reading one when i was thinking about spraying the chrome ones but cant remember the exact spray sorry mate!

No worries i will have a good read up then, needs to be pretty chip proof. anyway off topic sorry :)

I got the one from the u.s on ebay for £16, comes in matt black and the adhesive's on it simply peel and stick.

Chappy - get on with getting that roof sorted and get some pictures up on here! Its on my to do list but i want to see someone else's Ibis white first!!

Nah not yet mate :( on the list to do though, need to see how much it costs first :)

Danny.

Roof and rear spoiler will be about £110. Well thats what i got quoted anyway!

I'm just too much of a pu55y to go first!!

I am not going down the spray route - far too permanent for me.

Well guys, had to pop to the Audi garage to get some bits and saw the S3 again, still sat there with it's £35k price tag on, I bet when they register it, it'll drop about £5k :)
So anyway, will be going to see how much it will cost to have my roof done this week as it looks ****** good! Only issue I can see is around the 3rd brake light, might be abit tricky?
Waring, did you say you're coming over this way?

Danny.

Vehicle graphics, vehicle wrapping, for vans, cars, trucks and colour change

These guys are pretty national if thats what your looking for.

There is a place local to me called Carbonskin also in the midlands thats pretty good.

Just to pick up on your comment they take out you rear break light and wrap into the hole then put the fitting back in so its not seen at all. same for badges and alike.

Smoothie, ive sprayed my matt emblems now too getting them on soon so pics to come.