3.2 v6 not so smooth acceleration?

Nezzy

Reaction score
All you guys and girls out there with the V6 DSG...
Is you acceleration smooth? Mine seems to jolt off from stand still.
The only way to make the acceleration smooth is to let it start to roll and
then ease your foot down. If you apply any pressure to the throttle before
you let the box do its thing you get a mild whip lash :blink:

Do you guys get this or is this a box issue?

Thanks, Nez

Wow theres a few threads tonight on the 3.2s lol

Mine does that occassionally, did it more before I got the hesitation sorted, its smooth now. I sometimes notice it when its colder or damper outside! No idea why! But I tend to put my foot down anyway so its fine lol

Has it had it DSG oils changed recently??? maybe its due. Do you get any clunk noises etc from the box???

Your mechatronic unit has gone

Jolty acceleration from stand still is the main sign of a faulty mechatronics unit. Also lurching while slowing, for a roundabout etc are a major sign

Thanks People. Im sure I remember hearing this is an expensive job. Am I right?
There's no clonking etc... Yet, Just a little jolty occasionaly. I imagine the Gear box oil
could do with a change now to be honest.

Sarah, I've found the same. Had the hesitation sorted on the weekend and its definitely
better but still not perfect. :(

I wouldnt worry about it, if its just a snatch on take up and shows non of the other synptoms on Sarah's link then its just the nature of the beast. Mine has done that for the last 30k miles. It did get better after the remap but it also is worse when its cold and after about 30 miles is almost fine..
It hasnt got any worse since i have had the car fron 12k miles to 48k miles.

Cheers Pad.
Was flicking through the box earlier and noticed that its only noticable when in auto.
If I use the paddles or the stick shift its fine.
Im kind of getting used to it now so just give it a little blip then pull away.
It just gets a bit annoying when needing to pull out of a junction quickly
and you look like a right Plonka when your car leaves your head behind. :haha:

Get the rear engine mount insert..... I recon that might help a jolt.......

:)

I'm also getting the jolt from setting off in first too - i read somewhere that it is possible to recalibrate the dsg unit by resetting it - has anyone with the same problem done this and solved the problem?

All other gears are fine as are the upshift and downshifts through both paddles and normal although i do find that the car races up to 6th gear when driving normally - is this also a feature of the dsg box?

Hi TQ :)
Yea the box likes to head for 6th as quick as it can, you learn to control it by giving it a fraction more pull in the gears and it holds back from changing. This was a major factor why i didn’t like the DSG in the S3 where it continually changed out of the rev band and off boost at normal driving speeds. The V6 is a far better engine for DSG. The jolt from pull away is again very dependent on how much throttle you give it, its trial and error but try giving a bit more when pulling away, you can back off straight away if need be. After a while you learn to get smooth pull offs. you need to pull away with some revs, dont let it fluff off the line unless you let the brake off, give it half a second then hit the gas.