Badger5Volks Autos
    Call me Dan :)

Status

A3 Black Edition - BOSE help?

Hey guys,

New to the forum and still haven't introduced myself haha, right, just got the Black Edition A3 which comes with the BOSE system in it, problem I'm having is, the radio turns itself up or down whenever it feels like! I.e coming to a stop today at traffic lights, and then bass kicked in and turned up louder? It's even worse on AUX, any ideas guys? Also gotta go to Audi on Tuesday to have a replacement Gas discharge bulb as it randomly flickers on and off while driving

Danny.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    right BOSE equipped cars have something called Audio pilot. they detect road conditions like vehicle speed, wind noise etc and change the volume to cancel it out. it shouldn't, however, be making itself louder when you stop because that defeats the point.

double check you're not mistaken. it should be there to help. if it isn't then take it back to Audi and have them look at it, and if it's a new or nearly new car get them to give you something for your trouble because a new car shouldn't have problems and your time and fuel is not free.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Status
    Thanks for your help sub39h, I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken, it's really weird, never experienced anything like it before if I'm honest, but other then that, it's a bloody brilliant sound system, especially funny when chavs pull up with their 'boom boxes' in their saxo's with 'We No Speak Americano', mines always louder :D

Danny.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

1st Gear

Status
    I think the microphone for the audio pilot is in the middle of the dash under the windscreen. It should affect the eq, turning just the bass up, perhaps there's a loose connection on the sub itself.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

Nick

Status
    Hi Mate, I have noticed this on mine too. Especially when I start the car in the morning it gets pretty loud, assume it is down to engine noise as well? My previous car had an auto volume on it but that only got louder or quieter dependant upon vehicle speed. This seems to have a mind of its own on the S3!
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andykn View Post
    I think the microphone for the audio pilot is in the middle of the dash under the windscreen. It should affect the eq, turning just the bass up, perhaps there's a loose connection on the sub itself.
    The microphone is up where the interior light is behind one of the vented parts of the light panel. I don't know if the new models have it but it could be worth checking the GALA settings within your headunit. It may be on the highest setting and causing the problems...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Status
    Thanks for the replies guys Where abouts is the sub located? and I believe on my car, it's on the centre of the dash, looks like a speaker tbh Should really have a play around

Danny.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

6th Gear

Status
    sub is in the boot. if you're standing at the back looking into the boot it's under the trim cover on the left hand side. i dunno how you get it off tho
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

3rd Gear

Status
    Turn down the road-noise compensation setting.

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
    Turn down the road-noise compensation setting.
    I was trying to find some settings to do something like that, how do you do it?
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

1st Gear

Status
    Hi guys, sorry for dragging up this old thread but I thought it better to do this than start a new one. I have a MY61 S3 with RNS-e and to be honest, it's doing my head in. There is a hiss that keeps coming and going and the actual music volume has a mind of its own. I understand it has the Audiopilot so the volume is supposed to increase as you speed up and road noise increases but this is ridiculous. Is there any way to adjust it or switch it off so I can decide the volume? The only setting I can see is GALA but it is greyed out so I can't select it.

I have googled this matter but I can't find a definitive answer. 2 posts up someone suggested the road noise compensation can be adjusted. Is this true?

Cheers in advance and I apologise again if this is a done to death subject.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffi View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for dragging up this old thread but I thought it better to do this than start a new one. I have a MY61 S3 with RNS-e and to be honest, it's doing my head in. There is a hiss that keeps coming and going and the actual music volume has a mind of its own. I understand it has the Audiopilot so the volume is supposed to increase as you speed up and road noise increases but this is ridiculous. Is there any way to adjust it or switch it off so I can decide the volume? The only setting I can see is GALA but it is greyed out so I can't select it.

I have googled this matter but I can't find a definitive answer. 2 posts up someone suggested the road noise compensation can be adjusted. Is this true?

Cheers in advance and I apologise again if this is a done to death subject.
    Do you have Bose as it's only cars with Bose that has the Audiopilot fitted...
    Scott

Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Meow.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Do you have Bose as it's only cars with Bose that has the Audiopilot fitted...
    If it is a 61 plate S3 then it will have Bose as standard.

It happens in my A3 and drives me mad.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    If it is a 61 plate S3 then it will have Bose as standard.

It happens in my A3 and drives me mad.
    No, Bose is only standard on the Black Edition, not the standard S3... Sat Nav is standard on both...
    Scott

1st Gear

Status
    No, Bose is only standard on the Black Edition, not the standard S3... Sat Nav is standard on both...
    Yeah it is Bose. Is there anything I can do? I read somewhere that it gets better with time once the capacitors bed in in the amp but that sounds like tosh to me! There must be a setting somewhere to adjust the speed volume control?

Adam, I know what you mean. Its crazy a 'top end' stereo sounds so poor!!

5th Gear

Status
    Thought GALA is the speed volume control?

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fangio View Post
    Thought GALA is the speed volume control?
    It is but I am sure when Bose is fitted the Audiopilot over rides the Gala on the head unit...
    Scott

5th Gear

Status
    Oh!

1st Gear

Status
    It is but I am sure when Bose is fitted the Audiopilot over rides the Gala on the head unit...
    Hey Audicruiser, is there any way to adjust or disable Audiopilot or do we all just have to live with it?