slight steering vibration?

shamrock

Reaction score
Ever since I put on new rims and tires I have becime quite sensitive to the steering (slightly OCD:sly:.) With both hands resting lightly on the steering wheel while driving in a straight line it feels silky smooth until I hit 140 km/h and then I feel an ever so little vibration. I was told by my tire man that at a certain speed the steering rack adjusts/changes/adapts itself to the needs of higher speed percision and hence the difference I am feeling starting at 140 km/h. Is this a load of bull? These cars are so high-tech today seems like anything is possible. Thanks!!

i also get vibration at around 65-70 mph i heared that the wheels may need balanceing or the tracking may need doing but im not sure corect me if im wrong

sort of correct, it's speed sensitive power assistance, so the faster you go the less power assistance there is so you feel the road more.

If the car pulls one way or other, then get the tracking done, if vibrations through steering then get front wheels balanced, if it's in ya *** then get the back one balanced, but to be honest if your going, get the 4 wheel alinement and 4 wheels balanced properly, some just do it basic and dont care so take it somewhere where they are bother and get it all done... you'll have no problems then...