How much should my car be worth?

PregnantNproud

Gears of War
Reaction score
I need an idea of how much my car would be worth when i sell it.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, you can move it if you like.)

I know I could just go on auto trader but my car is heavily modified like all of yours.

Do you think you guys would be able to guess roughly how much my car should be worth now?

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

2003 A3 sport fsi 95k miles (Originally £6k)

Full pearl effect respray
full s3 body kit
'10 rear lights
led zenon headlights
18' s3 alloys
lowered AP springs and shocks kit

2.0 fsi petrol manual
leather
bose
dual zone climate

Last edited:
Problem you have is its a 1.6 FSI, so isnt turbo & isnt derv, both are the desired these days, but the mods will add value for sure & was done well huh.

i reckon £9k to £10k ambitious. problem is you don't have a desirable engine type or model year so enthusiasts won't be interested and most average joe ppl will consider your car high risk because it's had a full body respray. so you'll be looking for someone who's not all that bothered about power and has exactly the same tastes as you when it comes to modding cars

The Glass's book price on your car is £4250 which is what a dealer would give you part exchange. Privately you could add another 500-700, thats unmodified though. The problem you have is it's a 7 year old A3 with a not desirable engine and most people who are happy to buy a modded car will want something more pokey. The mods will add a little to the value but if you put the price up too much you will be in the price of a newer A3 and I guess thats what most people would look at. Generally mods don't increase a cars value and can make it harder to sell as you reduce the people interested in it. Good luck with the sale though.

The Glass's book price on your car is £4250 which is what a dealer would give you part exchange. Privately you could add another 500-700, thats unmodified though. The problem you have is it's a 7 year old A3 with a not desirable engine and most people who are happy to buy a modded car will want something more pokey. The mods will add a little to the value but if you put the price up too much you will be in the price of a newer A3 and I guess thats what most people would look at. Generally mods don't increase a cars value and can make it harder to sell as you reduce the people interested in it. Good luck with the sale though.

Sure, a dealer wouldnt touch it but in the real world of private sale......... demand is quite high for S3 replicas

Theres been a few on ebay recently and they always sell for 9k+ a TDi S line with 110k that has the full S3 kit on it sold for £12200 only last week!

Modifying a car doesn't add loads of value to it. The car would be on dealers at about £5k or just under as standard. Its not going to be worth loads more than that because it has an S3 body kit and theres lots of people who wont touch it. Its a modified 7 year old A3 with a 2.0 n/a motor in it, someone will buy it but the price has to be realistic or they will simply go and buy a newer car.

Mentioned above, S3 replicas are in demand. If you advertise it right I reckon you can fetch £8k. Would have been pretty good if you did it on a turbo engine. It does have a private plate on right?

Nope. Do you think i should put a private plate on it? Damn wish i got the 1.8 turbo! Thankyou for all your help fellas!

Not really a lot of point in putting a private plate on it to sell it as it will always be a 2003 car in terms of value. I would think privately you should get between £6k and £6.5k which is around £2k above book. The thing that may put buyers off is the insurance side of it as it has been so heavily modded. Good luck if your gonna sell it!

Good luck.. I got offered a near immaculate 2.0Tdi Sport 96k miles Audi History. 17in wheels , Rear Parking Bose and Xenons for £4000. It needed 2 tyres and £100 of paint so say £4300.

I reckon you will be lucky to achieve £5k

No comparison, modding cars rarely adds value I am afraid.

Good luck though and by the way they never did a 1.8T with your model/age!

Cheers:scared2: