JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Gears of War

Status

How much should my car be worth?

I need an idea of how much my car would be worth when i sell it.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, you can move it if you like.)

I know I could just go on auto trader but my car is heavily modified like all of yours.

Do you think you guys would be able to guess roughly how much my car should be worth now?

2003 A3 sport fsi 95k miles (Originally Ł6k)

Full pearl effect respray
    full s3 body kit
    '10 rear lights
    led zenon headlights
    18' s3 alloys
    lowered AP springs and shocks kit

2.0 fsi petrol manual
    leather
    bose
    dual zone climate
    Last edited by PregnantNproud; 4th September 2010 at 18:21.
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Problem you have is its a 1.6 FSI, so isnt turbo & isnt derv, both are the desired these days, but the mods will add value for sure & was done well huh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gears of War

Status
    its a 2.0, but yeah no turbo. how much value you think it will add?
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

6th Gear

Status
    I reckon you will get 9-10k no worries
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    i reckon Ł9k to Ł10k ambitious. problem is you don't have a desirable engine type or model year so enthusiasts won't be interested and most average joe ppl will consider your car high risk because it's had a full body respray. so you'll be looking for someone who's not all that bothered about power and has exactly the same tastes as you when it comes to modding cars
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

4th Gear

Status
    The Glass's book price on your car is Ł4250 which is what a dealer would give you part exchange. Privately you could add another 500-700, thats unmodified though. The problem you have is it's a 7 year old A3 with a not desirable engine and most people who are happy to buy a modded car will want something more pokey. The mods will add a little to the value but if you put the price up too much you will be in the price of a newer A3 and I guess thats what most people would look at. Generally mods don't increase a cars value and can make it harder to sell as you reduce the people interested in it. Good luck with the sale though.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
    The Glass's book price on your car is Ł4250 which is what a dealer would give you part exchange. Privately you could add another 500-700, thats unmodified though. The problem you have is it's a 7 year old A3 with a not desirable engine and most people who are happy to buy a modded car will want something more pokey. The mods will add a little to the value but if you put the price up too much you will be in the price of a newer A3 and I guess thats what most people would look at. Generally mods don't increase a cars value and can make it harder to sell as you reduce the people interested in it. Good luck with the sale though.
    Sure, a dealer wouldnt touch it but in the real world of private sale......... demand is quite high for S3 replicas

Theres been a few on ebay recently and they always sell for 9k+ a TDi S line with 110k that has the full S3 kit on it sold for Ł12200 only last week!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

4th Gear

Status
    Modifying a car doesn't add loads of value to it. The car would be on dealers at about Ł5k or just under as standard. Its not going to be worth loads more than that because it has an S3 body kit and theres lots of people who wont touch it. Its a modified 7 year old A3 with a 2.0 n/a motor in it, someone will buy it but the price has to be realistic or they will simply go and buy a newer car.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    Mentioned above, S3 replicas are in demand. If you advertise it right I reckon you can fetch Ł8k. Would have been pretty good if you did it on a turbo engine. It does have a private plate on right?

Gears of War

Status
    Nope. Do you think i should put a private plate on it? Damn wish i got the 1.8 turbo! Thankyou for all your help fellas!

Audi Heaven

Status
    Not really a lot of point in putting a private plate on it to sell it as it will always be a 2003 car in terms of value. I would think privately you should get between Ł6k and Ł6.5k which is around Ł2k above book. The thing that may put buyers off is the insurance side of it as it has been so heavily modded. Good luck if your gonna sell it!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status

5k max

Quote Originally Posted by Dandle View Post

Good luck.. I got offered a near immaculate 2.0Tdi Sport 96k miles Audi History. 17in wheels , Rear Parking Bose and Xenons for Ł4000. It needed 2 tyres and Ł100 of paint so say Ł4300.

I reckon you will be lucky to achieve Ł5k

No comparison, modding cars rarely adds value I am afraid.

Good luck though and by the way they never did a 1.8T with your model/age!

Cheers