My sline bumper I'm spraying pic inside

R55 MRU

Reaction score
In primer so far repaired a huge crack. But here it is so far
9d9c846e.jpg

yeahhhhh looks just like mine it will look sweeeet on the car More pics please with progress

Agreed. Gonna look gooood when on.

Is it the camera making the primer look glossy?

No mate it's not the camera I just washed the primer dust away before it dries out to be cleaned ready for some colour. I'll get some pics up of the bumper before I started the repair soon. I do all work myself bodywork etc.

Only reason is asked is when I saw my car in the bodyshop it was matt.

Made me wonder whether mine was right as what I know about spraying could be written on a postage stamp :)

Cant wait to see the finshed pics sir.

looking good mate, what colour is your car then?

ps will you be needing an s-line grill?

yeahhh good luck who will finish first me or you ? dun dun dun
what work and bits you still missing ?

Just the foglights which I'm yet to order. Grille came today. The fk one looks non black chrome and I ordered the black chrome one. It has dimples from where it's moulded really not happy with it. Although can justify the cheaper price

Hey looking good! Saying you do it all yourself hats off to you it looks a good job. Wont be too long now!

Thanks yeah I spray and prepare everything myself custom work to alloys bonnets and bumpers. I came from the vauxhall scene from corsa c to astra owners network to here. I can't wait to get more done to the car

Just the foglights which I'm yet to order. Grille came today. The fk one looks non black chrome and I ordered the black chrome one. It has dimples from where it's moulded really not happy with it. Although can justify the cheaper price

Yeah mines the same, but was really cheap! You dont notice the dimples when its on the car though.

lookin good that grill is so nice. your conservery looks just like mine ( full of car parts ) lol some one buy my wheels before i have to make them in to a table

well done mate looks much better.. need that bonnet on!!!

lovin it mate you have much trouble with the fog lights? my bits come in to audi tomorrow yeahhhhhhh gonn try and do mine monday

Thanks guys.

Nally - I haven't actualy ordered the fogs yet can't be bothered ATM. Also there's no way of adapting the sport ones there completely different shape. I'll get the replica eBay ones for 23 pounds each. After that I'm looking at getting the drl headlights

Atm people im currently in the process of figuring out whats needing doing badly next. On the list is:

Audi r8 alloys diamond cut faces
Double Din centre console conversion
RNS-E
S3 rear bumper
my11 Tail lights
Window tints
Front fog lamps
Aftermarket DRL headlamps (dont shoot me)
piano black interior inlays.
S3 wing mirror caps
s3 skirts
But where shall i start?!!?!?!

wow that looks a lot better. not a fan of the black grille on black cars tho, but if you're happy with it then great.

Look great mate, I had a go at spraying parts for my last bit, definitely not easy. So hats off to you on that.
The plan sounds amazing, pricey but amazing.

Atm people im currently in the process of figuring out whats needing doing badly next. On the list is:

RNS-E
S3 rear bumper
my11 Tail lights
Window tints
Front fog lamps
S3 wing mirror caps
s3 skirts

first of all mate, car looks great and hats off to you doing the work yourself! As for your next MOD keep going with the body work the S3 rear bumper and S3 side skirts as you mentioned and everything else will follow

top work mate

RNS-E
S3 rear bumper
my11 Tail lights
Window tints
Front fog lamps
S3 wing mirror caps
s3 skirts

Car looks good and well done for doing your own work. Hats off to you....
Sounds like some good mods. I'd lose the S3 wing mirror caps mind. But i'd go for S3 rear bumper, then the side skirts, MY11 rear lights and let the rest follow as Smoothie said.

Cheers & good luck

thanks guys. Yeah the spraying was hard work. i usually spray small parts for people seeing as i have all the equipment. I too think that the bodywork should be done first. Also im not a fan of the black grill tbh. I think the grey s3 one looks best although im eventually going to be getting the s3 front with the s3 grill but it looks better than it did before. many thanks

That is f'ing stunning work mate :drool: .....I seriously wish I had your skills, but think I'd end up walking around just spraying things for the hell of it, including the dog if he lies there any longer... :laugh:

This thread almost looked like you were constructing a giant airfix kit....those were the days :thumbsup:

That's exactly what makes it so rewarding because of the real man hours that are involved in making it how it looks . I can't afford to take it to a bodyshop so I spend hours sanding everything till my fingers bleed. And this is my third car I have been modding. The first was a corsa second was an astra cabriolet which I resprayed about 60% of the car myself. It's time consuming but possible to paint all that cost me about 45 pounds for colour and clear

Soon I will be prepping my interior inlays for a gloss black respray so I will make a thread soon of my complete progress on the car

long time no here its looking good love the optics