YEP I am an idiot.. please slap me and tell me how to....

SneakaFreaka83

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet
Reaction score
.. change the front indicators from amber to the silver look bulbs...??.. is this a straight forward swap I had a quick look and dont know if I can do it by taking the backing of light off or is it a headlight out jobby?/.... also there seems to be 2 amber bulbs in each side do I need to change both ?.. sorry for being thick but kinda baffled me when I had a look.... can anyone give me the part number for the bulbs that I actually need?... thanks guys and feel free to slap me when u see me... :slapped:

Only 1 amber bulb per side mate, unless you're also talking about changing the indicators on the front wing area?

Did it a while ago and it was a pretty simple job, just need small hands otherwise you're going to loose the skin off your knuckles. Think it was a twist to unlock the housing.

Philips silvervision should do the trick.

Only 1 amber bulb per side mate, unless you're also talking about changing the indicators on the front wing area?

Did it a while ago and it was a pretty simple job, just need small hands otherwise you're going to loose the skin off your knuckles. Think it was a twist to unlock the housing.

Philips silvervision should do the trick.

Thanks mate... I have done the side indicators on the wing easy enough but the actual front indicators I am having trouble with.. It may be me but I can def see 2 amber bulbs in the front headlight..... any ideas?.. thanks again....

yeah if you have big hands its impossible!

I find it easier to jack the car up and remove a couple of wheel arch liner screws and do it from underneath!

Thanks mate... I have done the side indicators on the wing easy enough but the actual front indicators I am having trouble with.. It may be me but I can def see 2 amber bulbs in the front headlight..... any ideas?.. thanks again....

2 amber bulbs?
what year are your headlights, perhaps they changed by MY06 only had 1 amber bulb per side
the indicator bulbs are on the far right, simple single bulb type
without sounding rude, sure you're not just seeing a reflection of the bulb?
you need to get your hand right into the far corner and you should be able to get a hold of the back of the bulb housing

had a look at this thread for bulb stuff:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-piaa-silvervision-bulb-change-lots-pics.html

ps you should be able to get your hands in there with your engine (unless you have massive hands and hence a very happy bird) - the diesel and 3.2 engines are tight for space

Thanks mate gunna look again invade it was a reflection but I swear they looked different sizes.... That being said ur prob right and I could have just sniffed a few too many coco pops ha thanks again mate appreciate it....

As said above, easy to do (but I have small hands lol) but the 3.2 is tighter! 1 amber bulb per side but easy to do. I just struggled getting the backs off but got it eventually!

Oh and just a small slap! lol:nyah:

Last edited:
Sarah you say you have small hands,do they make other things look big ? if so can you put them on my ...............................................................calipers as they are just standard and make me feel insecure when near other people

right just had another look and go and man is the engine bay as tight as a sebirian tiger......i mean its tight...I can kinda get my hands on the housing but can I ask is it a pull off or a screw of or twist?..just wanted to vcheck before I break the ****** thing.... cheers guys...

right just had another look and go and man is the engine bay as tight as a sebirian tiger......i mean its tight...I can kinda get my hands on the housing but can I ask is it a pull off or a screw of or twist?..just wanted to vcheck before I break the ****** thing.... cheers guys...

I think it was twist and pull but don't rely on me for that!

2 amber bulbs?
what year are your headlights, perhaps they changed by MY06 only had 1 amber bulb per side
the indicator bulbs are on the far right, simple single bulb type
without sounding rude, sure you're not just seeing a reflection of the bulb?
you need to get your hand right into the far corner and you should be able to get a hold of the back of the bulb housing

had a look at this thread for bulb stuff:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-piaa-silvervision-bulb-change-lots-pics.html

I have an A3 made in 2004 and I also have 2 amber lights (in front light) per side.

.. thats what I have 2004 and ive checked its not a reflection.... can anyone help?.... cheers...

Sarah you say you have small hands,do they make other things look big ? if so can you put them on my ...............................................................calipers as they are just standard and make me feel insecure when near other people

Awwwww! you only got iccle tiny teeny weeny ones eh! lol, yeh my hands make them look HUGE!!! lol