AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

Status

YEP I am an idiot.. please slap me and tell me how to....

.. change the front indicators from amber to the silver look bulbs...??.. is this a straight forward swap I had a quick look and dont know if I can do it by taking the backing of light off or is it a headlight out jobby?/.... also there seems to be 2 amber bulbs in each side do I need to change both ?.. sorry for being thick but kinda baffled me when I had a look.... can anyone give me the part number for the bulbs that I actually need?... thanks guys and feel free to slap me when u see me...
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Calito's redone in pearl white
    Roof/Spoiler and wing mirrors wrapped in pearl white
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade
    BMC CDA Induction - hope it sounds lush..

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Only 1 amber bulb per side mate, unless you're also talking about changing the indicators on the front wing area?

Did it a while ago and it was a pretty simple job, just need small hands otherwise you're going to loose the skin off your knuckles. Think it was a twist to unlock the housing.

Philips silvervision should do the trick.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davej_anderson View Post
    Only 1 amber bulb per side mate, unless you're also talking about changing the indicators on the front wing area?

Did it a while ago and it was a pretty simple job, just need small hands otherwise you're going to loose the skin off your knuckles. Think it was a twist to unlock the housing.

Philips silvervision should do the trick.
    Thanks mate... I have done the side indicators on the wing easy enough but the actual front indicators I am having trouble with.. It may be me but I can def see 2 amber bulbs in the front headlight..... any ideas?.. thanks again....
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

6th Gear

Status
    yeah if you have big hands its impossible!

I find it easier to jack the car up and remove a couple of wheel arch liner screws and do it from underneath!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakaFreaka83 View Post
    Thanks mate... I have done the side indicators on the wing easy enough but the actual front indicators I am having trouble with.. It may be me but I can def see 2 amber bulbs in the front headlight..... any ideas?.. thanks again....
    2 amber bulbs?
    what year are your headlights, perhaps they changed by MY06 only had 1 amber bulb per side
    the indicator bulbs are on the far right, simple single bulb type
    without sounding rude, sure you're not just seeing a reflection of the bulb?
    you need to get your hand right into the far corner and you should be able to get a hold of the back of the bulb housing

had a look at this thread for bulb stuff:
    PIAA/Silvervision bulb change with lots of pics

1st Gear

Status
    ps you should be able to get your hands in there with your engine (unless you have massive hands and hence a very happy bird) - the diesel and 3.2 engines are tight for space

Status
    Thanks mate gunna look again invade it was a reflection but I swear they looked different sizes.... That being said ur prob right and I could have just sniffed a few too many coco pops ha thanks again mate appreciate it....

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

Status
    ** Incase**

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    As said above, easy to do (but I have small hands lol) but the 3.2 is tighter! 1 amber bulb per side but easy to do. I just struggled getting the backs off but got it eventually!

Oh and just a small slap! lol
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 1st September 2010 at 21:16.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Sarah you say you have small hands,do they make other things look big ? if so can you put them on my .................................................. .............calipers as they are just standard and make me feel insecure when near other people

Status
    right just had another look and go and man is the engine bay as tight as a sebirian tiger......i mean its tight...I can kinda get my hands on the housing but can I ask is it a pull off or a screw of or twist?..just wanted to vcheck before I break the bloody thing.... cheers guys...

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    right just had another look and go and man is the engine bay as tight as a sebirian tiger......i mean its tight...I can kinda get my hands on the housing but can I ask is it a pull off or a screw of or twist?..just wanted to vcheck before I break the bloody thing.... cheers guys...
    I think it was twist and pull but don't rely on me for that!

Status
    I think it was twist and pull but don't rely on me for that!
    cheers mate... just dont wanna go tug on it and break the bloody thing off.....

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

Neutral

Status
    2 amber bulbs?
    what year are your headlights, perhaps they changed by MY06 only had 1 amber bulb per side
    the indicator bulbs are on the far right, simple single bulb type
    without sounding rude, sure you're not just seeing a reflection of the bulb?
    you need to get your hand right into the far corner and you should be able to get a hold of the back of the bulb housing

had a look at this thread for bulb stuff:
    PIAA/Silvervision bulb change with lots of pics
    I have an A3 made in 2004 and I also have 2 amber lights (in front light) per side.

Status
    .. thats what I have 2004 and ive checked its not a reflection.... can anyone help?.... cheers...

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leach76 View Post
    Sarah you say you have small hands,do they make other things look big ? if so can you put them on my .................................................. .............calipers as they are just standard and make me feel insecure when near other people
    Awwwww! you only got iccle tiny teeny weeny ones eh! lol, yeh my hands make them look HUGE!!! lol

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    :facepalm:

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    .. thats what I have 2004 and ive checked its not a reflection.... can anyone help?.... cheers...
    sorry fella, i'm all out of advice

1st Gear

Status
    All sorted?

Managed to change the bulbs?