My S3 is going after only 4 months

willmac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have decided that after only 4 months of ownership of the S3 that is going to be up for sale. I have found myself an immaculate Porsche 996TT that I just can't turn down. I have owned a few Porsches in the past and I guess it becomes one of these itches that you just have to scratch, almost like an obsession to be honest. I even try to slag Porsche off in the attempt to convince myself I don't need one, but all I can say is it is the only marque of car so far that I have been fortunate enough to own and drive that puts a smile on my face every time, even when it is costing shed loads of money to keep running !!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the S3 and I think it is a great car, but it cannot compete with the 996 in the smile stakes.

So anyway with the car going I have parts that I never got round to fitting that will be up for grabs, so if you are looking for a brand new ITG Induction kit, H&R ARB's and set of Bilstein Pss10 Coilovers then drop me a PM. I will be reasonable on the price.

Also if I trade the car back to Audi then I will be looking to revert back to the original BE 18" rims so may be looking for someone to do a direct swap with small cash settlement as well for my 19" BBS CK's which are totally unmarked and only 1500 miles covered on brand new tyres.

Anyway will be advertising soon, but if you want to organize an agreement in advance just PM me,
Cheers:yes:

I thought I was the only one with the privilage to open threads about Audi Vs Porsche :jester:....good luck with the sale mate.

could be interested in ARB's will PM you.. Would love the coilies but :rulez:

and and great choice... no argument that the porsche is a much better car.. :yum::hi:

Thanks for the replies Gents,
I can't resist the lure of the 420bhp and the 415 lb/ft torque either........ Insurance company are rubbing their hands as well !! Car comes with full Porsche warranty for a year so hopefully the only expense will be fuel etc for first year at least.
Wish I could keep the S3 as well , but the 6 numbers have not come up yet !

I hate you. Simple.

1) I am skint and can't afford the BBS
2) Cos i love the 996!!

Good luck witht he sale.

I hate you. Simple.

1) I am skint and can't afford the BBS
2) Cos i love the 996!!

Good luck witht he sale.
I wouldn't worry James by the time I take the hit on depreciation on the S3 and the costs with the 996 I will be skint as well.... but hey, no pockets in a shroud. Also I bet you wouldn't want to be in my shoes when i tell the 7 months pregnant wife that the 996 is a great family car ! I'm sure she will understand though........

I wouldn't worry James by the time I take the hit on depreciation on the S3 and the costs with the 996 I will be skint as well.... but hey, no pockets in a shroud. Also I bet you wouldn't want to be in my shoes when i tell the 7 months pregnant wife that the 996 is a great family car ! I'm sure she will understand though........

hahahahaha, quality mate! I thought I had been sneaky convincing the mrs that an a4 was necessary for when we had a kid when in reality a much cheaper mondeo would have done fine. As for the porsche, at least furnish us with pics galore!! :)

I thought I was the only one with the privilage to open threads about Audi Vs Porsche :jester:....good luck with the sale mate.

We should form a club and call ourselves "legion", for we are many.

I just parked the P-car up again after driving it for the last 4 days.-The Audi was at the dealership getting fixed under warranty... again!

Keith

I wouldn't worry James by the time I take the hit on depreciation on the S3 and the costs with the 996 I will be skint as well.... but hey, no pockets in a shroud. Also I bet you wouldn't want to be in my shoes when i tell the 7 months pregnant wife that the 996 is a great family car ! I'm sure she will understand though........[/QUOTE]

:lmfao: Good luck. Good change of car mind, do post some photos of the new car once you have it :)

I'm not jealous at all :*(

I'm interested in the wheels but i dont have BE wheels I've got the 20 spoke split rims tyres have done 2k so basically new.

Chris

AETV99493506_2b.jpg

This is what replaced my S3 not so long ago :yes: so much fun but so was the S3!

Thanks for the replies Gents,
I can't resist the lure of the 420bhp and the 415 lb/ft torque either........ Insurance company are rubbing their hands as well !! Car comes with full Porsche warranty for a year so hopefully the only expense will be fuel etc for first year at least.
Wish I could keep the S3 as well , but the 6 numbers have not come up yet !

Are you getting it from a Porsche Dealer? If so make sure they give you the 2 year warranty not 1 year as it's standard now.

Good luck with the car!

AETV99493506_2b.jpg

This is what replaced my S3 not so long ago :yes: so much fun but so was the S3!

Very nice Gaz. Only have dealer pics at the moment so will wait 'till I get the car in 2 weeks and post some then. Car is in Lapis Blue, Black leather sports interior with embossed head rests, all the usual whistles , new tyres and new discs and pads all round, so hopefully will be a good buy. Would not touch a 996TT W/O a warranty, so have piece of mind. Just wish the turbo sounded as good as the 996 4S !

Just to let you all know the Coilovers and H&R ARB's are sold.

ITG Maxogen kit still up for grabs

Will get back to PM's on the wheels soon, cheers

Willmac,

Good colour choice I like the blue!
You could be in luck if you fancy a better sound fron your turbo, I have just fitted some hand made racing back boxes from
'DSD Motorworks' who make them to there own spec they sound Awesome and so much better than Porsche's own PSE system!!!

Good price's as well. They are fitted to the Red Bull Racing 996's and the Virgin911 teams car, as DSD support these race team's.

You need to have a chat with a guy called Dave form there web site he will keep you right!
They are based in Kent, but will send to your own Garage if you are to far away.

Gaz

Cheers for that info Gaz,
I will look into that once the OPC warranty comes up for re-newal next year. If I fit any aftermarket parts during warranty period they will void it. But see how things are next year and might start to look at using Independents and aftermarket parts. I bet the system sounds awesome, any chance you can post a vid on youtube and post the link ?

Willmac,

I am out of the country for a few weeks but it will be done in about 3 weeks time.

Gaz

Great choice Willmac! I feel the same as you and as much as the S3 is a great car I still wish I had gone for another Porker. Like you, it's only a matter of time before the devil returns!

Enjoy it mate!

my boss used to have a 997 c2S he used to let me drive it too that had a really nice sound but i like the sound of the turbo better there's something about turbo cars that i just love

Great choice Willmac! I feel the same as you and as much as the S3 is a great car I still wish I had gone for another Porker. Like you, it's only a matter of time before the devil returns!

Enjoy it mate!
Thanks Beanoir, you're right that devil just keeps on eating away at you're resolve, I reckon you will be next to give in. You can only take so much !

Willmac,

I am out of the country for a few weeks but it will be done in about 3 weeks time.

Gaz

Cheers Gaz, look forward to it, I am out of country at the moment as well , back in 2 weeks and these will be the longest 2 weeks of my life waiting to get the car.

Willmac,

I know what you mean, I picked my car up on a sat evening and then flew to Africa for 2 months on the Monday morning! I was gutted as the worst planning I have ever done. :banghead:

You will love the Turbo, as there great cars, and actualy a lot faster than Porsche state in there tech info.

Enjoy!

Gaz

my boss used to have a 997 c2S he used to let me drive it too that had a really nice sound but i like the sound of the turbo better there's something about turbo cars that i just love

The turbo is pretty quiet and lacks the flat 6 wail of the NA versions, never heard anyone say that before!

I specced up an 'ideal' 911 C4s Cab ( as there more options to add then for a GT3RS- my fave) on the Porsche Website.....final price was £116k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey the 420bhp would sway me over lol! Nice choice of car! Just dress casual, hate guys in a Porsche with ponsy suits on lol! Unless its for work!!!

Enjoy the car when it arrives! exciting times ahead!

Hey the 420bhp would sway me over lol! Nice choice of car! Just dress casual, hate guys in a Porsche with ponsy suits on lol! Unless its for work!!!

Enjoy the car when it arrives! exciting times ahead!
Sarah , if there were to be a car park full of all the numerous luxurious vehicles available and you had to pick which one I drove....... you would match me to a Robin Reliant:w00t:
:eyebrows:only joking of course !

Sarah , if there were to be a car park full of all the numerous luxurious vehicles available and you had to pick which one I drove....... you would match me to a Robin Reliant:w00t:
:eyebrows:only joking of course !

haa haa what a Robin Reliant with go faster stripes eh lol! Dont say you wear those shiney suits!!!!!!

Nah, as long as its only your birthday suit on special occassions eh!

Enjoy the new car!! lucky thing.

I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911............

No matter how many times I say it the itch doesn't go away :laugh:

I think the day is getting nearer that the change may come.
I did promise that I'd wait till the end of the term on the S3 before I changed anything but the two 996 c4s's that I park next to everyday are not helping me keep that promise ;)

Last edited:
I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911, I don't need a 911............

No matter how many times I say it the itch doesn't go away :laugh:

I think the day is getting nearer that the change may come.
I did promise that I'd wait till the end of the term on the S3 before I changed anything but the two 996 c4s's that I park next to everyday are not helping me keep that promise ;)

Just do it , better than saying in a few years time........... I nearly bought a 911 once. You won't regret it !!

Finally got the 996TT. Here are a few shots just to see what is replacing the S3. Sorry about the back drop.......... not great, but i reckon the car makes up for it :yum:
The power the car has is just awesome and to be honest a bit scary. You can be doing crazy speed without even realising it. Need to keep an eye open for Mr Plod more than ever. However drive it like Miss Daisy and am averaging 28mpg, no sh*t. Equal if not better than the S3 on fuel. Amazing.
IMG_0517-1.jpg

IMG_0520-1.jpg

IMG_0522-1.jpg

IMG_0512-1.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514-1.jpg