dump valve for audi s3 57

You've got a choice of the current OEM diverter valve(strictly speaking it's not a dump valve) which is not too far away in design from the Forge,and of course the Forge DV itself,which most of us use.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Neither the OE or Forge DVs are Dump Valves as you may recognise from other turbo applications and neither provide any aural or performance enhancement. Unless your car is mapped you will not see any benefit (which is reliability) from changing your Diverter Valve.

I have a box of these valves from standard cars in varying states of failure , with this being one of the worst
solenoid.jpg

Isnt there a later version of the OEM DV for the 20TFSI which addresses the diaphragm failure?

cheers
Paul

I have a box of these valves from standard cars in varying states of failure , with this being one of the worst
solenoid.jpg

What's you point? If he is running a standard car the OE DV is up to the task.

Edit: I should say that mine (mapped) was running this for the last 14k miles and is as good as new, so lets not go over the top here and scare the chap into buying something he may never need.

Last edited:
Isnt there a later version of the OEM DV for the 20TFSI which addresses the diaphragm failure?

cheers
Paul

Yes mate, the Rev D as seen here. Linky

Looks like that picture of the failed DV gets round a bit too. ;)

I am saying that we have seen the valves failed on the standard un chipped cars as well , granted not as often but it still happens , the revised valve is more robust BUT we still have the valves fail.. its usually a break down in the top plastic part , it breaks away ...

so if i was to fit one to my s3 would i get the blow of noise?

so if i was to fit one to my s3 would i get the blow of noise?

Not unless you fit one of these things....

But it begs the question....why.....all it does is make a noise.

It doesn't add anything to the car's performance.

You're getting a bit tied up between diverter valves,which the VAG cars use,and dump valves,which some other cars use.

On a system which measures air flow,such as the VAG system,the air flow is measured by the MAF sensor in the inlet tract prior to the turbo and intercooler.
If on closing the throttle,you then dump that air to atmosphere via a dump valve,the ECU's air flow calculations will be wrong,as it assumes that measured air flow is still correct.
The VAG system thus DIVERTS that flow back into the intake,after the MAF sensor.

Last edited:
I'd go for the Revision D. It's a lot cheaper (about £45 from Audi IIRC) and I haven't heard of any problems with them. My original one was just fine when I took it off at about 24k BTW.

If you want noise you need an Evoms/ITG intake :cool:

The information is correct the Forge FMDV14T is a blow off spacer it fits between the solenoid and your turbo , it will give to the blow off pssshhht sound between gear changes , but will do ntohing to improve your performance or engine efficiency in any way , neither will harm your engine in any way ...if you like the sound it is a cheap and effective way of achieving it , easliy removed as well .

The Forge diverter valve replacement will work with the spacer as well ..
If you fancy an intake the Forge Twintake gave 18 BHP on a stanadard car !!!

many happy customers on AS with them

Fellas - quick question. When did the revision D diverter valve come out? I've got a March 07 S3 and my dealer says I've got the latest version of the valve. I thought the revision D came out later than that. Who's right?

I could look, but the car's in for the 4th day for a simple warranty fix gone sideways. Again. :banghead:

The revision D valve came out late 2007 in the Seat range. ETKA is no help as the new part number overrides the old part number so cant see an introduction date on the S3.

Well this thread jinxed my car, was reading it last night went to shops and then it happened to me :( got code checked today and all things point to the DV so will be getting a forge one fitted next week sometime

Cheers for the info dc & mr Forge. I'll get a revision D one ordered up... :thumbsup:

Mine is 08 too BTW, I think the revision D came out late 2008.

I fitted the forge fmdv14t and the car did not run right with it on . The car would be hunting for revs ie at traffic lights or roundabouts and most ov the time cut out ! . Is this a fault or something you have heard ov before
.?

Reactions: Sandra
I fitted the forge fmdv14t and the car did not run right with it on . The car would be hunting for revs ie at traffic lights or roundabouts and most ov the time cut out ! . Is this a fault or something you have heard ov before
.?

Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: Siwills1980
.?

Best to call Forge direct.

Excellent and fast customer service.

Reactions: Siwills1980
.?

Please give me a call on 01452 380999 and ask for Kris.

ive not heard of this problem but ill try my best to sort it for you.

Reactions: Siwills1980 and S3Alex
Only just seen the message krises will phone u sometime tomorrow cheers :)