50mm springs and 10mm spacers, going to catch?

Richy_C

Reaction score
Guys as i value your comments this is what i would like to do to the SB when it turns up.

After a good long ponder i have chosen to get some H&R 50mm Springs and 10mm H&R spacers to compliment.

Now my obvious concern is that they may catch, i think that i need to get the car set up on the springs first before i can measure what the gap distance is for spacers, the Track+ ones look pretty good and there website is pretty good too.

Oh reason for springs and not coils is that i am trying to keep to a budget of £1k inc a remap so leaves £500 for stance.

Appreciate your feed back please. :rock:

hi mate,

my car is lowered 30mm all round on eibach springs and 10mm spacers front/20mm spacers rear.
i found that the front tyres were catching on the screw on the inside of the arch that helps hold the
lining in. i removed these screws on either side and now no problem :) don't worry, as the lining still
feels secure. my wheels are 8 x 19 with a 42 offset.

50mm drop is a big drop, so i'm not sure if you would have more problems than mine. you may have to
do without spacers at the front!

Mine will be on 18's so may be easier. wow 20mm on the rear. how does that sit and was that the measured gap?

50mm aint a lot but on 18s with spacers is fine depends what the offset of the wheels are ?.

50mm aint a lot but on 18s with spacers is fine depends what the offset of the wheels are ?.

They are going to be the new Rotor ones that come with the Black Edition now so not sure what that is.

well it they are standard wheels then 50mm and 10mm spacers easy fitment matey

As mentioned you should be fine with 10mm spacers but the wheel ET will be needed to say for sure.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I am guessing that for the bolts i just measure what i have and add 10mm?