JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance

Thread: A3 Hood

1st Gear

Status

A3 Hood

Well it seems Audi Germany has at long last resolved the problem with wear on the hood of the A3 Cabrio. I have been waiting for over nine months for my car to be recalled to have a new hood fitted, job being done when I return from my hols at end of Sept.
    Last edited by royjk; 28th August 2010 at 08:50.
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    what used to happen with it if you dont mind me asking

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    the problem is that the hood is convertible. and when it lowers everyone can see how stupid you look in an A3 cabrio
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Stupid comments like that are typically why i rarely vist ASN these days.
    Last edited by paddy; 29th August 2010 at 16:06.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

1st Gear

Status
    Firstly sub39h is not worth a reply.
    Basicaly there were a number A3 cabs throught europe that had a problem with the hood wearing, the hood looks as if it was about 20 years old, there are a number of spots where the outer layer has worn down to the second layer & it as also has become very badly marked. Obviously the hood is rubing in places when being lowered & raised but Audi could not figure out why it was only happening on some A3's (I will stress that it only on a few of the earlier A3's those built in late 2008-2009 but it was spread throughout the whole of europe). It obviously spoilt the look of the car when the hood was raised as the wear was vary noticeable. (No need for stupid comments about the A3 Cab, love mine & would most certainly buy another. Frequently wonder if the same comments would be made if it was an S3 cab). Give Audi there due it has taken almost a year for them to resolve the problem & I had a recall on mine within days of the problem being resolved.
    Last edited by royjk; 29th August 2010 at 10:06.
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

6th Gear

Status
    i'm just messing mate. suppose i didn't make it clear that i'm anti convertible full stop. wasn't just having a dig cos it's an A3 cab specifically. but if you're happy with it what does what i think matter anyway hey? glad you got your issue sorted
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

5th Gear

Status
    Glad it's being sorted mate!

5th Gear

Status
    glad to hear it's being sorted mate
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

Reverse Gear

Status
    I hope the problem will be resolved accross the board.Leicester Audi are still trying to fob me off.Had hood fitted in nov 09 but problem was back by june this year

1st Gear

Status
    I beleive Audi had been replacing the hoods up to the begining of this year but then Audi Germany instructed Audi UK to stop hood replacement until they had resolved the problem. It seems as it is only in the past few weeks that they have again sanctioned replacement hoods. One can only presume they have come up with another fix or a modified hood as the first fix they had last year which was to stop the hood closing to much did not work. Hope to get more info when mine is done or when I am down at Sinclaire Audi today. Wil post any further info I get.