Quattro Chassis Alignment - What's Adjustable?

col6821

Reaction score
After fitting the lowering springs I did a bit of digging on here regarding 4 wheel alignment and have found a local tyre fitters with the Hunter alignment equioment that appears to be favoured by those that have already completed this.
They offer a free check, and have advised to budget for about £70 if everything is straight forward, but the guy couldn't say what he's be able to adjust until he's seen the car (never done an A3 quattro before).

I'm assuming that the front toe will obviously be adjusted, along with the rear toe to give the correct thrust angle, but is there any castor/camber adjustment for front/rear?

Cheers

Col

If i remember correct when i did mine castor and camber on the rears on the front there is a lot you can do by basically doing things like loosening the subframe bolts may get you a bit of movement same with the arms then there is the normal track etc cant remember to be exact but if i do any geo's this afternoon i will look on the pro-align machine

AFAIK from just having mine done,you can do the toe,and camber but not castor.

Had a full alignment check yesterday, well impressed with the Hunter alignment kit, it even tells the operator how and where to adjust the car!
All toe and thrust angles are now spot on, the machine doesn't report on castor, and the camber settings are on the margin of being in tolerance but couldn't be adjusted. I suspected that due to the lowering effect that front camber would increase anyway, so I'm happy.

Got quoted £70, but the guy did it for £60 including before and after report and the difference is quite dramatic.

Thanks for the guidance above folks.

Col