Badger5Monster Motorsport

Thread: Light pack?

Reverse Gear

Status

Talking Light pack?

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2007 Audi A3 Sportback S line 170 and I'm wondering whether or not the light pack is included as in the spec listing it says illuminated vanity mirrors so does that mean it also has the light pack? I know it seems like I'm being a bit of an idiot as it's obvious that if it the light pack was included then it would have been mentioned in the spec listing but sometimes they miss out some of these details.

If it doesn't then how would I go about having the light pack installed? Would I be able to take it in to an Audi garage and request installation? I know this would prob be the most expensive way but just need a few ideas.

Cheers!
    Ben

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Ben,

If by 'lighting pack' you mean map reading lights, puddle lights, footweel lights and door handles, this is a pretty easy task for you to do yourself. Here are some DIY's links:

My DIY Guide for Retro Fitting Foot well lights

My DIY guide for Retro fitting Puddle Lights

I'm attempting some of these at the moment and it's really easy so i'd suggest you give them a go yourself.

BTW, Welcome
    2006 Audi A3 (8P)
    Spec - 2.0 TDI l DSG l Sprint Blue l Leather Interior l 18" RS6's | H&Rs | S3 Front | 6k Bi-Xenons | EMTuning DPF Delete Package
    Plans - BBS

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Doesn't the Interiror light pack also include map lights, door handle LEDs and the ambient light?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Doesn't the Interiror light pack also include map lights, door handle LEDs and the ambient light?
    Mentioned map lights and door handle LEDs in my post.. Forgot about the ambient.
    2006 Audi A3 (8P)
    Spec - 2.0 TDI l DSG l Sprint Blue l Leather Interior l 18" RS6's | H&Rs | S3 Front | 6k Bi-Xenons | EMTuning DPF Delete Package
    Plans - BBS

events moderator

Status
    im in the process of doing the lighting pack on my car done the footwell lights they are ace now making up looms for the door edge and puddle lights its very easy to d.i.y
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!