"S3 Look" Bumper for A3 8P

sponger007

Reaction score
I know some people have changed their 2003-2005 A3 bumper to either the facelift bumper or S3 bumper, which if I'm right involves changing the bonnet & a few other tweaks... but has anyone fitted one of the "S3 Look" bumpers that I've seen on a few sites.

Hofele Design Premium Tuning & Styling for Audi & VW

If so does anyone have any pics or comments on the fit/quality?

I'm not a fan of trying to fully replicate a car with badges etc ... but I do really like the style of the S3 bumper so think this could look good (minus the S3 badge!)

Cheers

Looking at the pictures, where the front of the bonnet meets the grill , it looks wrong.

When you take into consideration that you will still have to buy oem grill and fog lights and grills.

It would probably work out the same price to buy a 2nd hand oem bumper and bonnet

I agree with scottie. At first I didn't think it looked too bad but
the more I compared it with this picture 2007 MTM Audi S3 - Front Angle Drive - 1280x960 - Wallpaper
the more I noticed how odd it looks.
If you want to do the front conversion but your on a tight
budget then its an option but I personally would always notice
the fact it all looks a little "off" :detective2:

Seen these before, really not impressed by the finish. As Said above, poor fitting near grill.

Scour the breakers and Ebay, parts do come up, least while you are waiting you can keep saving! Worth waiting for OEM parts.

i agree with the said comments i just doesnt look right there is to much of a gap between the grill and the bonnet i was going to do the same but then saw the gap and changed my mind but as said if your on a budget then it is something to look at

No after market bodykit I've seen to date suits the 8P, thats fact, they all look crap, Votex, Hofele etc, only kit that suits the 8P is the S3 kit, it just flows perfectly with the lines, dont waste your time, effort & money on this, it wont make you smile everytime you look at it mate, especially that gap urrggghhh

Reminds me of half way through my conversion!

DSCF0091.jpg

its because he was converting his 8p1 to a 8p2 front end he has got the 8p2 bumper and the 8p1 bonnet thats why you have to change the bonnet when putting on a 8p2 front bumper on an early a3

Rear valence=snow plow...bwahahahahahahaha. I agree with the modmetractor. I've seen all the aftermarket kits and they all suck. A fool and his money are soon parted. Go big or go home...get the S3 kit

There not the best quality.....how much they cost you might aswell go genuine. I've seen that kit on ebay for £600 before. I would say its not even worth £200. Only aftermarket kit that suit the A3 is the Votex in my opinion. If you cant afford to do the S3 conversion. Do the S-line one :)

Thanks for all the comments and to be honest I think your right, looking closely at a picture of a S3 and the replica bumper there is actually a big difference.

Think I'll either leave it or do a proper conversion. I know this has been asked a million times ... but if I buy a 8P2 bumper the only other thing I need is a replacement bonnet? The bumper itself is a straight swap with no modding? Cheers :)

yes, youll need new foglights and an adapter plug or a rewire for them but all the fixings are the same

No after market bodykit I've seen to date suits the 8P, thats fact, they all look crap, Votex, Hofele etc, only kit that suits the 8P is the S3 kit, it just flows perfectly with the lines, dont waste your time, effort & money on this, it wont make you smile everytime you look at it mate, especially that gap urrggghhh

+ 1

Hense why i went for the S3 upgrade as apposed to anything aftermarket

As said before, just keep a look out on eBay and scrap yards, and you may get lucky

Hes fitted the single grill sport bumper, the S Line has more of a splitter look to the lower edges.
so it used to be a twin grill? to a single ?
if its a sport 06 to sline 07 should be stight swap ( bar the foggs/ surrounds)

if your sports has a single grill then yup, apart from fogs and grills it should be straight swap.