Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

"S3 Look" Bumper for A3 8P

I know some people have changed their 2003-2005 A3 bumper to either the facelift bumper or S3 bumper, which if I'm right involves changing the bonnet & a few other tweaks... but has anyone fitted one of the "S3 Look" bumpers that I've seen on a few sites.

Hofele Design Premium Tuning & Styling for Audi & VW

If so does anyone have any pics or comments on the fit/quality?

I'm not a fan of trying to fully replicate a car with badges etc ... but I do really like the style of the S3 bumper so think this could look good (minus the S3 badge!)

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Looking at the pictures, where the front of the bonnet meets the grill , it looks wrong.

When you take into consideration that you will still have to buy oem grill and fog lights and grills.

It would probably work out the same price to buy a 2nd hand oem bumper and bonnet

Neutral

Status
    I agree with scottie. At first I didn't think it looked too bad but
    the more I compared it with this picture 2007 MTM Audi S3 - Front Angle Drive - 1280x960 - Wallpaper
    the more I noticed how odd it looks.
    If you want to do the front conversion but your on a tight
    budget then its an option but I personally would always notice
    the fact it all looks a little "off"

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Seen these before, really not impressed by the finish. As Said above, poor fitting near grill.

Scour the breakers and Ebay, parts do come up, least while you are waiting you can keep saving! Worth waiting for OEM parts.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

events moderator

Status
    i agree with the said comments i just doesnt look right there is to much of a gap between the grill and the bonnet i was going to do the same but then saw the gap and changed my mind but as said if your on a budget then it is something to look at
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No after market bodykit I've seen to date suits the 8P, thats fact, they all look crap, Votex, Hofele etc, only kit that suits the 8P is the S3 kit, it just flows perfectly with the lines, dont waste your time, effort & money on this, it wont make you smile everytime you look at it mate, especially that gap urrggghhh

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

MPG the new BPH

Status
    if its fiber glass stay way

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

6th Gear

Status
    Reminds me of half way through my conversion!

B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

MPG the new BPH

Status
    lee why do you have a gap?

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    lee why do you have a gap?
    that pics before he fitted his new bonnet! Part way through the conversion

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

events moderator

Status
    its because he was converting his 8p1 to a 8p2 front end he has got the 8p2 bumper and the 8p1 bonnet thats why you have to change the bonnet when putting on a 8p2 front bumper on an early a3
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Rear valence=snow plow...bwahahahahahahaha. I agree with the modmetractor. I've seen all the aftermarket kits and they all suck. A fool and his money are soon parted. Go big or go home...get the S3 kit

6th Gear

Status
    There not the best quality.....how much they cost you might aswell go genuine. I've seen that kit on ebay for 600 before. I would say its not even worth 200. Only aftermarket kit that suit the A3 is the Votex in my opinion. If you cant afford to do the S3 conversion. Do the S-line one
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the comments and to be honest I think your right, looking closely at a picture of a S3 and the replica bumper there is actually a big difference.

Think I'll either leave it or do a proper conversion. I know this has been asked a million times ... but if I buy a 8P2 bumper the only other thing I need is a replacement bonnet? The bumper itself is a straight swap with no modding? Cheers

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yes, youll need new foglights and an adapter plug or a rewire for them but all the fixings are the same

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    No after market bodykit I've seen to date suits the 8P, thats fact, they all look crap, Votex, Hofele etc, only kit that suits the 8P is the S3 kit, it just flows perfectly with the lines, dont waste your time, effort & money on this, it wont make you smile everytime you look at it mate, especially that gap urrggghhh
    + 1

Hense why i went for the S3 upgrade as apposed to anything aftermarket

As said before, just keep a look out on eBay and scrap yards, and you may get lucky
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    that pics before he fitted his new bonnet! Part way through the conversion
    will mine look like that with my s-line bumper?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    will mine look like that with my s-line bumper?
    Hes fitted the single grill sport bumper, the S Line has more of a splitter look to the lower edges.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Hes fitted the single grill sport bumper, the S Line has more of a splitter look to the lower edges.
    so it used to be a twin grill? to a single ?
    if its a sport 06 to sline 07 should be stight swap ( bar the foggs/ surrounds)

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    if your sports has a single grill then yup, apart from fogs and grills it should be straight swap.