A3 FSI EGR Valve Replacement

Maverick001

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally ordered the EGR valve for MY 2.0 FSI and it turned up in the post today, I decided to go down the breaker option with parts gateway and got the updated part 06F 131 503B for £49 inc delivery bargain compared to audi's £200+ price tag!

I am just about to go out and fit it, but have read mixed opinions as to wether it needs to be coded in with vag.com, audi mentioned they recommend it as if not it can burn it out slightly quicker but what are peoples experiences, surely most people just fit it without doing this?

If it does need to be coded in is does anyone know anyone local to Colchester Or Ipswich with vag.com that can do it?

Hi,

I live just down the road, i have VAG COM. But i dont know if the EGR valve needs coding and if it does i dont know how to do it so you would need to find that out but i would be happy to help with the VAG COM side of things.

Thanks

Stealthben

I just fitted mine. I've never seen a way of coding it in VCDS/vagcom. It's maybe something that needing doing in past models? I'll bet yours is like mine was, clean as a whisle & only failed due to those stupid plastic teeth!

Also replaced mine without coding, that's a decent price you got yours for mine's was £160!

EGR valve fitted, what a beatch of a job and what a silly place to put a big bolt where you cant reach it lol

The EGR valve was really clean and the valve opended and closed so guess it was just the plastic cogs that made it fail, I had the updated part and thought they may of replaced the plastic cogs with metal ones but nope, still good old black plastic lol

So it is now fitted, but I still have the emissions light on, isnt this the supposed to go off if its fixed :faint: or do I need to get the code removed? I did have the battery disconnected all afternoon, so I would of thought this would of done it by itself? I now also have what looks like a traction control light on the dash, if i get anymore lights Im going to start charing people to come and see the blackpool illuminations in my car!

Ahh ben your just down the road, thats handy to know im actually in manningtree!

I am sure I read some instructions somewhere on how to program the EGR with vag.com, I will have a google as audi also mentioned it needs to be coded back in!

Last edited:
EGR valve fitted, what a beatch of a job and what a silly place to put a big bolt where you cant reach it lol

The EGR valve was really clean and the valve opended and closed so guess it was just the plastic cogs that made it fail, I had the updated part and thought they may of replaced the plastic cogs with metal ones but nope, still good old black plastic lol

So it is now fitted, but I still have the emissions light on, isnt this the supposed to go off if its fixed :faint: or do I need to get the code removed? I did have the battery disconnected all afternoon, so I would of thought this would of done it by itself? I now also have what looks like a traction control light on the dash, if i get anymore lights Im going to start charing people to come and see the blackpool illuminations in my car!

Ahh ben your just down the road, thats handy to know im actually in manningtree!

I am sure I read some instructions somewhere on how to program the EGR with vag.com, I will have a google as audi also mentioned it needs to be coded back in!

I had both lights on aswell, Even when I had my faulty EGR disconnecting the battery for half an hour took the lights away.

The traction control light should go out as you drive. I have the lead so I cleared the code that way.

So my emmisions light has gone out, WHOOOP!

BUT my traction control light has stayed on, any suggestions? It wasnt on before i disconnected the battery but have taken it for a drive and it hasnt gone off, doing my head in now....what next! Im thinking of taking a black felt tip pen to my dash and colouring all the lights in :think: ....ignorance is bliss :laugh:

Hey need your help can you please tell me what is the part number for the egr

Because I have a audi a3 2.0 fsi sport 2004 (53 plate)

I also need to replace it and would be greatful.