Replacing the Cat Sensors

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
After my Cat Converter had collapsed I had it replaced and all was good, then the emissions light came on. Scanned the car and VCDS kicked up an error with the emissions... I suspected it was a sensor and my suspicions were confirmed when the car sailed through its MOT.

Have just scanned the car again and 2 faults have appeared:

17441 - Sensor for Nox (G295): Signal too Low
P1033 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
18528 - Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 1: Too Lean
P2096 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

So I'm guessing the sensors need to be replaced? How much would I be looking at?

Thanks,
Jonny

Hi Johnny.

Did you get this problem sorted, i to have just changed my front cat, and now my engine management light has came up with the same faults as you. it would be interesting to find out if you got it sorted.

Cheers
Dougie

I haven't mate, have just been living with the light on, haha.

Will start looking into it after my exams -- let me know if you do as well as its something that will need to be sorted eventually!

ive got exactly the same prob jonnny my cat went two years ago replaced it with a stainless one as at the time cats were stupid money for our cars something like £700 i got quoted as it was a main dealer only part got a stainless one for £230 fitted happy days and the exhaust light keeps coming on all the time i turn it back off but cant be bothered to turn it off now its been on now for about the past year lol i think its my front lamba sensor thats gone dont know how much they are yet i'll get round to it one day lol

hahaha my car still runs fine and passed the mot fine so it can wait till i can be bothered to do it lol

Hi Johnny.
Im getting fed up with the light on all the time, fuel consumption is getting worse and the cars sound rough, so i decided to order a Nox Sensor £380. Not cheap, the sensor is not in the country until next month, but will give you an update once its fitted.