8P exhaust thread

Reaction score
Hello,

As seen on another forum, maybe a good idea to keep all the info in one thread.

Please post up info about the DP, cat-back, TBE,... you are running, and what sound & performance gains these give. Pictures, video's & dyno graphs are all greatly appreciated :happy:

Also, don't forget to mention what other engine mods you have installed to get a better comparison between all the different systems.

Cheers!

The majority of exhaust changes are through Milltek which I have - just a cat back, non resonated at the minute but will eventually be getting the TBE.

I'm running a Milltek TBE non resonated De-cat.

Pretty loud and can drone a little bit when cruising, I don't sit on motorways much so this isn't a problem for me but the noise it emits when you're in the mood for a good blast is pretty special.

I'm still on factory ecu software for the next couple of weeks and the exhaust has went pretty quiet since I installed the new VF intake because I had to disconnect the MAF sensor due to the intake being full 3" and not reducing. Once the software is on though I'm sure the soundtrack will be even better and I'll get a vid.

Oh yeah, if you want the De-cat it's probably best you contact Milltek direct.

Here's a short clip from the day after I had it installed

Disconnected the MAF? Never heard that been done before. You not getting any error? Where did you get your VF intake from?

Last edited:
Well because the pipe diameter is 3" at the MAF on the VF intake this is much larger than the factory/ITG set-up and this was seriously upsetting the MAF readings and in turn affecting the performance of the car

The car was actually cutting out at some points and the idle was crazy when I went to take it for a test drive after installing the intake.

I had my suspicions that it was due to the intake I'd just put on as the car was working perfecty before hand, even with the CEL light on due to the de-cat, so I phoned Stattler, Regal and a couple of others and they all said the same thing...disconnect the MAF from the intake. I did this and hey presto the car no longer cuts out and started to drive a little bit more like normal again, obviously the air/fuel mixture will not be right,the car seems to be a bit slower than a stock S3 and theres not much noise from the exhaust but it's certainly a vast improvement over having the MAF connected.

This is only a temporary measure to allow me to use the car until I have the car re-mapped in a couple of weeks.

Got the VF from a chap over on seatcupra.net who was stripping all the mods off his car, it was only a few months old with pretty much a 50% saving over new price which was nice

Oh yeah forgot to ask

Anyone know how to get a check engine light off without using a vagcom or similar?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently running REVO stage 1 on my S3 SB. I'm waiting delivery of my Milltek TBE non res. Does anyone know a good fitter in the Glasgow/Scotland area and what typical kind of increase I can expect?

Also, I read mixed reports about needing to upgrade to stage 2 software to prevent a dash board light appearing? If I were to upgrade to REVO stage 2 would I need any other mods to do so.....like CAI?

Thanks.

Last edited:
2.0 TFSI, stock, Milltek non resonated catback

(not my car)

Last edited by a moderator:
2.0 TDI, APR remap, Pipercross panel filter, Milltek non resonated catback, Milltek downpipe (downpipe fitting on tuesday :D)

Andy88 can you post a vid with and without the downpipe fitted, I'm interested to hear the difference...
Cheers!

yer i can do that pal, ill get it done over the weekend when weather lets me!

★★★;1057501 said:
2.0 TFSI, stock, Milltek non resonated catback

(not my car)

Dont' think that's a good representation of a non-resonated, as its running stock ECU map. With a stage 1 or above it would be ALOT louder then that.

Last edited by a moderator:
exhaust048.jpg

exhaust047.jpg

exhaust046.jpg

milltek turbo back res special tips and loving the noise .

:thumbsup:Looks really nice jsws

Thanks mate i polished the hole exhaust before it