JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Will Race For Cookies

Status

8P exhaust thread

Hello,

As seen on another forum, maybe a good idea to keep all the info in one thread.

Please post up info about the DP, cat-back, TBE,... you are running, and what sound & performance gains these give. Pictures, video's & dyno graphs are all greatly appreciated

Also, don't forget to mention what other engine mods you have installed to get a better comparison between all the different systems.

Cheers!
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    The majority of exhaust changes are through Milltek which I have - just a cat back, non resonated at the minute but will eventually be getting the TBE.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm running a Milltek TBE non resonated De-cat.

Pretty loud and can drone a little bit when cruising, I don't sit on motorways much so this isn't a problem for me but the noise it emits when you're in the mood for a good blast is pretty special.

I'm still on factory ecu software for the next couple of weeks and the exhaust has went pretty quiet since I installed the new VF intake because I had to disconnect the MAF sensor due to the intake being full 3" and not reducing. Once the software is on though I'm sure the soundtrack will be even better and I'll get a vid.

Oh yeah, if you want the De-cat it's probably best you contact Milltek direct.

Here's a short clip from the day after I had it installed

gone: 2008 S3 sprint blue, buckets, optics, go-faster mods.

4th Gear

Status
    Disconnected the MAF? Never heard that been done before. You not getting any error? Where did you get your VF intake from?
    Last edited by dc240969; 24th August 2010 at 13:09.

1st Gear

Status
    Well because the pipe diameter is 3" at the MAF on the VF intake this is much larger than the factory/ITG set-up and this was seriously upsetting the MAF readings and in turn affecting the performance of the car

The car was actually cutting out at some points and the idle was crazy when I went to take it for a test drive after installing the intake.

I had my suspicions that it was due to the intake I'd just put on as the car was working perfecty before hand, even with the CEL light on due to the de-cat, so I phoned Stattler, Regal and a couple of others and they all said the same thing...disconnect the MAF from the intake. I did this and hey presto the car no longer cuts out and started to drive a little bit more like normal again, obviously the air/fuel mixture will not be right,the car seems to be a bit slower than a stock S3 and theres not much noise from the exhaust but it's certainly a vast improvement over having the MAF connected.

This is only a temporary measure to allow me to use the car until I have the car re-mapped in a couple of weeks.

Got the VF from a chap over on seatcupra.net who was stripping all the mods off his car, it was only a few months old with pretty much a 50% saving over new price which was nice

1st Gear

Status
    Oh yeah forgot to ask

Anyone know how to get a check engine light off without using a vagcom or similar?

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Guys,

I'm currently running REVO stage 1 on my S3 SB. I'm waiting delivery of my Milltek TBE non res. Does anyone know a good fitter in the Glasgow/Scotland area and what typical kind of increase I can expect?

Also, I read mixed reports about needing to upgrade to stage 2 software to prevent a dash board light appearing? If I were to upgrade to REVO stage 2 would I need any other mods to do so.....like CAI?

Thanks.
    Last edited by elton121272; 24th August 2010 at 22:34.
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    2.0 TFSI, stock, Milltek non resonated catback

(not my car)
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

1st Gear

Status
    2.0 TDI, APR remap, Pipercross panel filter, Milltek non resonated catback, Milltek downpipe (downpipe fitting on tuesday :D)

Lacks Car Funds...

Status

8P exhaust thread

Andy88 can you post a vid with and without the downpipe fitted, I'm interested to hear the difference...
    Cheers!
    2005 A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI 140 DSG

Factory: Full Black Leather - BOSE- Lights Pack - Winter Pack - Arm Rest
    Mods: iTray - Black Optics Grill - UK Pressed Plates - Bluefin - Cruise Control - Lamin-X - Rear Aero Wiper - S-Line Spoiler - Black Diamond Brake Pads - Wheels Refurbed, Gunmetal Grey - Eibach Sportline Springs
    To Do: Wheel Spacers
    Dreaming Of: RNS-E - Bluetooth - FBMFSW - S3 Rear End - MY11 Rear Lights - Big Brake Kit

1st Gear

Status
    yer i can do that pal, ill get it done over the weekend when weather lets me!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★ View Post
    2.0 TFSI, stock, Milltek non resonated catback

(not my car)
    Dont' think that's a good representation of a non-resonated, as its running stock ECU map. With a stage 1 or above it would be ALOT louder then that.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

2nd Gear

Status

milltek turbo back res special tips and loving the noise .

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Looks really nice jsws

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks mate i polished the hole exhaust before it

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

Neutral

Status
    anyone have a vid with 3.2 v6 on miltek etc

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    Does anyone have a Bastuck exhaust?