Double din insert and required parts for Rns-e install

matt123890

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know where i can get a Double din insert and the new buttons and cup holder for me to do rns-e install ??

Do the dealer sell these at a resonable price or are the massively expensive ??

If anyone has any bit that they are trying to get rid off please can you let me know.

cheers guys !

after one of these myself ATM, eBay & eBay.de have them all the time although nothing I can see suitable right now! Don't think the dealer is that much more expensive than eBay though, hopefully someone will be along with the part numbers here

pm NHN , i know he had one floating about, he may of sold it already but worth an ask, if not pm a guy called pjmspeedy, he will beat the dealers prices

cheers mate, il be sure to give them a shout! pjmspeedy - is he stoke-audi or what?

no mate, hes a member on here who has contacts at audi and gets some good deals, also dont rule out stoke audi, they also seem cheaper than other dealers for alot of stuff

There a link on here with PDF instruction sheet which includes part numbers

cheers for the info guys i will do that and hope you find one as well smoothie if i find out a good deal i will let ya know !and brian do you have the link to the pdf instruction as i seem to be useless at using the search function on this website !!

I'm sure the cage is the same, but you need to change the button holder that clips into the cage.

I have the button surround if anyone is after one?

Has the "square" edges as opposed to the "round" egdes.

Free to the first person who PM's me. :)

Be careful ladies, there are 2 DD cages available from audi, both show for the facelift ok, but only one fits the facelift hazard button properly, trust me.

Double-din cage: 8P0858005D

thats the one that fits the hazard isn't it?

np i cant remember how much i pad but the price new want far off what the breaker was trying to charge you

Yer i thought that :( oh well new it will be if they dont say yes to that offer lol !!

And is it possible to mod an a4 rns-e to fit and a3 8p ??? as i accidently bid on an a4 one and am winning it at the moment

No the 8P has rounded of edges at top, dont bother it wll look very **** & takes ages, also ebay allows you to cancel your bids, try this if not to long ago.

does it how you do that ??? your a ledgend NHN ! You know everything !! lol

Did you get my message on whether you can source parts for convesion mate or no where is best to get some ???

I been to cardiff audi today and they want the following for the parts :

£42.83 for double din cage
£3.07 x 2 for blanks
£15.45 for esp switch
£34.44 for card shelf
19.11 for centre trim around buttons

And couldnt find passanger airbag light !!

Total cost £117.97

Suppose it not to bad but still think it is quite expensive !

Well if you can source the fascia yes but few & far between thats for sure, not for faint hearted, done a few myself & really needs care & thought.

Not sure told the guy what year my car was and gave him some part numbers of here that i had and he said they have all been supeceeded so i get 2011 ?