2DIN conversion to NEW sleek buttons?? 2011?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Basically im going to convert my single DIN to double DIN but i really like the new facelift console heres a picture :
audiconversion.png

Now question is... will these new cruved style buttons fit the wiring from the prefacelift or will it be a new loom?? and does anyone have part numbers for any of these new curved bits? basicaly i think it will be the same cage... new hazard buttons blanks and tray.?

And btw excuse the crappy headunit used on the right hand side ill be using an RNS-E

Last edited:
There is a company local to me called TTints they are a very popular company this is one of theyre own products its called the MTM MMI
They so all sorts... car wraps HIDS etc..

heres a link : MTM MMI

Coppyed the info on it:

Full Description:

A Direct Replacement for the factory fitted Head Unit for Audi A3. Models included the Audi A3 2003, A3 Sportback 2003, A3 Cabriolet 2003, Audi S3 2003 and Audi S3 Sportback 2003 onwards.

Specification

7” OLED Display with Touch Screen
Built in Bluetooth with Phonebook Access
Supports Bose System
iPod connectivity and User Interface
USB Connectivity
SD Card Slot - Supports upto 4gb
1 x A/V Input, 2 x Video Output
4 x Audio Output, 1 x Sub Output
Built in GPS - UK or European Maps, Worldwide Available
Supports CD/DVD/MP3/MPEG4/DIVX/VCD/SVCD/JPEG
Fully Integrated Steering Controls
PLUG N PLAY - No Extra wiring needed
The MTM MMI is a powerful multimedia system developed by TTints for your Audi A3. It will play your complete music and film collection.

You can enjoy almost all commercially available digital entertainment formats including DivX movies; your MP3 songs, iTunes collection and of course all the standard DVD and CD formats.

Your MTM MMI comes pre installed with the GPS Navigation software 'iGO My Way. The complete door to door, turn by turn GPS Navigation solution, equipped with 3D Visualisation, detailed map coverage and many other useful features.

Your MTM MMI comes with:

UK or Europe Maps - Worldwide Maps available.
Genuine Licence Key - TTints are authorised distributors of iGO My Way
Map Updates Available
For more information on iGO My Way features please visit iGO My way™ 2009 - The ultimate navigation solution for various mobile platforms

Bring your digital music players in-car, too. Connect your USB music player to the USB-in and your iPod (for music and video) directly with supplied ipod cable.

The system includes our Live Streaming Bluetooth connection, which means that it will play music direct from your mobile phone through the car speakers. Call friends and family by scrolling through your phone book or call history on MTM MMI's touch screen.

Alternatively, you can add our TV Tuner and enjoy your programs in true 5.1 multi-channel surround sound. You can even add screens for passengers in the back, Dual entertainment all from one console- driver can listen to radio/ipod/tv/usb while the passengers in the back watch a DVD

This system will automatically engage in rear view mode if you have a camera installed when you select the reverse gear or with the optional parking sensors you can have a on screen display of your remaining distance just like in a BMW or Audi. You can also connect it to you car tire pressure monitor to have an accurate on screen display of each tire pressure and temperature.

The large, 7" screen is ideal for GPS navigation with dual zone capabilities you can watch a DVD while receiving route instructions. And not forgetting the most vital feature of controlling all you entertainment using your Audi A3 steering controls and your existing OLED screen on your dash will work as normal also displaying info from your MTM MMI's screen.

Our MTM MMI is a versatile system that gives you total entertainment flexibility with Plug and Play ISO clip

OKAY BACK ON TOPIC..... Can anyone help me with these new sleeker buttons?

Last edited:
Hmm I don't think it's an issue. Double check with NHN tho, and the climate unit defos won't fit. I've seen an article somewhere on how to change the single din to a prefacelift double din. I know you want the facelift one but the principle is the same. I'll see if I can dig it out for you. It doesn't look like a terribly difficult job but it'll be quite time consuming.

I want to go the other way, wanna change my double din to a single as I think it makes the aftermarket headunit install look alot smarter

1st of all, sorry Shane my girl was born recently so you can imagine the current situation, I truly havnt forgotten you & again apologies.
Back on topic.

I have done several conversions using pre & facelift parts, it can be done, that pic doesnt show MY11 completely of course as they're different still to the current 09 facelift ones, only so much in the trim surround of the newer buttons now has an upper & lower alum trim along the top & bottom edges where as 09 had only a lower as your image shows.

You cant use the same cage, needs a new DD version, the connections for the buttons are the same, its not a job for everyone for sure & it is time consuming, you really have to be careful not to damage your dash as this has to be prised apart to a degree to get things in & out.

The newer chrome style climate will only work on mid 07 cars onwards, you can reuse your old one but requires trimming down, again not for the faint hearted.

Are you looking to do yourself or need someone?

Nige, congrats on the daughter mate, Just drop me a pm on here when you have a price for me when you get a chance :)

Yes I can get you the parts & please PM me mate for further info out fo respect for the forum, thanks.

NHN im in the process of gathering up the parts ATM to get my single-din converted to RNS-E, now i came across this climate unit on ebay at brilliant price so snapped it up:

IMG_0055.jpg

im looking for a double-din cage with switches/card tray etc i've been thinking it would be better to go for one like this with the facelift switches as i've already got the facelift climate:

IMG_0053.png

could you get me relevant part numbers for this above???

Last edited:
I replaced my 2006 single din with a 2009 double din (as said, in 2009, before the 2011 model was available) without any problems. I got the latest double din cage along with all the new buttons, the frame around the buttons and the cardholder. I also had to to trim my climate control (which sounds worse then it really is ;) ) No need to change the wiring for the buttons, however, a additional cable was needed for the new radio.

I assume the same goes for the 2011 style buttons...

★★★;1052246 said:
I replaced my 2006 single din with a 2009 double din (as said, in 2009, before the 2011 model was available) without any problems. I got the latest double din cage along with all the new buttons, the frame around the buttons and the cardholder. I also had to to trim my climate control (which sounds worse then it really is ;) ) No need to change the wiring for the buttons, however, a additional cable was needed for the new radio.

I assume the same goes for the 2011 style buttons...

where did you get your cage/cardholder/frame/buttons mate?

really? How much we talking? Do you still have your reciept with the part numbers on?

I do... Belgian prices, left hand drive vehicle (not sure whether this makes a difference )

Double din cage 8P0858005D 40,00
Hazard light switch 8P0941509D 5PR 12,31
Blank right 8P0941518 5PR 3,00
Blank left 8P0941515D 5PR 3,00
Button frame inside 8P0941567A 5PR 3,37
Button frame surround 8P0863321F 6PS 8,27
ESP button 8P0927134D 5PR 12,31
Cardholder 8P0941561J 5PR 33,69

Total excl btw 115,95
Totaal incl btw (21%) € 140,30 (115 GBP at current rate)

wu2xs1.jpg

nvpppj.jpg

9krzb7.jpg

lovely job there mate, exactly what I'm after! not sure if there's a difference between the LHD and RHD, unless someone comes along to tell me lol thanks again

hmmm so are these part numbers LHD only? I'm after the exact parts listed if anyone can confirm these will be correct for my RHD??

I have used both LHD & RHD on my car, respectively all sided each time if you get me & they fitted fine, to clarify that further I have used all LHD version buttons together & fitted ok & I have used all RHD buttons together & they fitted fine, now the issue maybe for some if the DD is the correct one as there are 2 floating around audi, that 1 fits the facelift hazard ok & the other doesnt, so beware.

cheers nigel, so is the card tray is always on the right in the facelift, no matter if its LHD or RHD?

and what about the passenger airbag light on the single-din? Is this just replaced with a blank then when the double-din is installed?

now the issue maybe for some if the DD is the correct one as there are 2 floating around audi, that 1 fits the facelift hazard ok & the other doesnt, so beware.

mmm, i thought about new buttons as the 2011 looked staighter (maybe i didnt look hard enough) but no doubt I'd have wrong cage & I'm sure as hell not ripping it out again LOL

anyone any pics of the MY11 buttons because all the above are the facelift 09 correct?

only real difference is the trim surround of the MY11 has an alum trim at both the top & bottom edges

think il just go for the 09 since already have the part numbers from above.

and what about the passenger airbag light on the single-din? Is this just replaced with a blank then when the double-din is installed?

Uh no, the passenger airbag has a DD button version aswell mate.

While this thread is going...

I have a double din cage with RNS-E but with the old style hazard panel and buttons and would like the newer panel and buttons fitted. Can I do this?

I dont mind keeping with my old climate unit as that looks ok to me but the hazard panel and buttons look dated.

Any help much appreciated :)

Yes can be done, I may have a set of buttons for sale aswell.

1 of many outstanding queries in my head, so maybe need a White DIS thread number 2 soon, I have found out some interesting info of late lol.

I too found out something (after 2 weeks) the self levelling motors work better if you wire them in right ROFL

You have me intrigued....