Badger5Monster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Did Audi ever offer the A3 1.9TDI in S-Line trim?

Just having a nose about and can't seem to find any in this spec. All other engine combo's were offered in S-Line. Anyone know why this is?

Surely didnt have anything to do with hp? the 1.6FSI only had 10hp more...

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    i think they did its just the 2.0tdi was very popular because of the power , im sure you can get most engines in the s-line just may be hard to find
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Must admit when I was looking, the highest trim I found a 1.9tdi in was sport.
    Ibis white 2010 A3 2.0TDI Black Edn.

Neutral

Status
    Its seems to be one all the spec lists on the review sites like parkers and whatcar etc.
    Unforgivable wheel gap

6th Gear

Status
    yes they did, on the latest facelift before they dropped the engine for a 1.6 TDI
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

3rd Gear

Status
    So a genuine 8P2 1.9TDI S-line does not exist? only early 8P3's with 1.9's?

6th Gear

Status
    as far as i'm aware... there are a couple of ppl on here with pdfs of all the brochures. if you ask them to send you some maybe you can flick thru and have a look.

maybe a conversion project is in order? tho in all honesty with you i wouldn't bother. just get a 2.0 TDI S-Line. less hassle and more power.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Audi Heaven

Status
    I have a March 2008 brochure here, and the S-Line was only avaliable in 2.0TDi 140, 2.0TDi 170 and 2.0TDi 170 Quattro. The 1.9TDi 105bhp was avaliable upto the Sport model...

In the May 2009 brochure the S-Line could be had with the 1.6TDi 105bhp engine which by then had replaced the 1.9TDi
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice one audicruiser, confirmed my thoughts. Wonder why it wasn't availible when everything else was.

I was just wondering because of the things I've heard about the 1.9. easily 50+mpg, can be re-mapped to the same power as the 170 (on stock internals?) and the smaller turbo esentially means more petrol like performance. Plus they seem to be a few k cheaper than other diesel's.

Thansk for the info lads!

6th Gear

Status
    Ah ok I stand corrected. Well then yeah you could make one for yourself. All the bits are readily available

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Nice one audicruiser, confirmed my thoughts. Wonder why it wasn't availible when everything else was.

I was just wondering because of the things I've heard about the 1.9. easily 50+mpg, can be re-mapped to the same power as the 170 (on stock internals?) and the smaller turbo esentially means more petrol like performance. Plus they seem to be a few k cheaper than other diesel's.

Thansk for the info lads!
    I've just looked in the 04/07 brochure and there's no mention of any restriction on the S-Line trim availability but on the Audi Approved Used list there doesn't seem to be any 1.9 S-Lines available. I wasn't bothered about the S-Line trim when I got mine as it doesn't really come with any great extra toys.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andykn View Post
    I've just looked in the 04/07 brochure and there's no mention of any restriction on the S-Line trim availability but on the Audi Approved Used list there doesn't seem to be any 1.9 S-Lines available. I wasn't bothered about the S-Line trim when I got mine as it doesn't really come with any great extra toys.
    Thats interesting to know, cheers for that andy. I've googled throughly and can't seem to find anything that relates to a factory 1.9 S-line. I've never seen one new or used and I've been looking for a while.
    Hmmm...