RNS-E Seller

He's sold quite a few over the past 5 months as I was looking at these a while back. His feedback seems pretty good too so I would say you have no reason not to trust him.

What happened? Did you not go through with the rns-e then?

ps there's no way this guys rns-e units could be any different to UK ones?

His first sale was 499 for a 2009 model. That was the cheapest at the time in Feb i think for ebay. His later ones were 2008 and for about 550. Negotiations didn't go my way and in the end I abandoned the idea of an RNSE.

Quite a lot of the guys here have purchased and RNSE from ebay though but you should ask him the question on ebay so it's a documented question.

Be aware that this is not the RNSE mk2 which has the better res and takes bigger memory cards.

Oh yea i know it's not the mk2 their crazy money ATM, il be sure to ask on eBay if there's any difference before I make an offer!

Unless someone else can fill me in??

I dont think there should be any difference being that the data is uploaded via disk and SD? surely they are just made in a factory somewhere and shipped all over the place?

That's a MkI (as you know) which means that it's not really the 'proper' 2010 model (which we're calling the MkII here)... That's the "193" versoin, this is the "192".

The software from the MkII can't run in it because i understand that there's not enough flash memory, so you're okay up to the final revision level for the older versions, but from here on in, all development and map updates will likely be for the MkII.

Big differences are 4gB SD limit (no SDHC at all) and standard screen resolution, basic colours (no shading) and no 3d buildings etc.

It is a chrome knob version, so it's a later revision of the pre-2010 type, though.

Keith

If it's not a mkII, why does it have the MEDIA button instead of the CD/TV? Did he do a faceplate switch??

Smoothie lad!!

Steven and I used a guy near Tyrone. I can't remember his ebay name, jara something - will look through my ebay folder and check it out.

something like jarastech and he lives near aughnacloy I think

Boydie

Yea it was jarastech you used, bbsboy gave me his details but he doesn't have anything listed ATM sent him an email but no reply as yet

He is fecking useless at replying lol

I might still have a number for him - just checked - no I don't - keep an eye on him lad, BBSBOY and myself got very good units from him!

no problem mate well if he gets back to me il use him and if not it'll be an eBay job....although hard to know what unit to go for now! Might be worth the extra cash to get the mk2 what you think?

guys anymore thoughts on the seller, or indeed the unit before i go ahead with buying it? cant be any difference between this an UK ones?

If it's not a mkII, why does it have the MEDIA button instead of the CD/TV? Did he do a faceplate switch??

This is maybe a clue: PART NUMBER IS: 8P0 035 192 S

He is fecking useless at replying lol

You're right Jarastech is useless at many things tbh, if you wnat hassle free then dont bother with him trust me.

guys anymore thoughts on the seller, or indeed the unit before i go ahead with buying it? cant be any difference between this an UK ones?

I might have a used mk1 unit available shortly.

Also £950 is what I get mk2 units for.

Last edited:
Nigel do you mean don't bother with (jarastech) or this guy in Lithuania from the link?

dont think id benefit from the mk2 unit mate just going to go with the mk1

how much would you be looking for this (used mk1) any difference between it and the ebay link?

Edited.

No mine is the same version & has chrome dials, used of course.

Just wanted to say i ended up buying from this eBay seller and i can say that he is very professional.....excellent rns-e (its like new), excellent packaging and a good deal i thought:

- rns-e, 2GB SD card, GPS antenna, 2010 maps, removal keys and the all important radio code - £460