Sky InsuranceBadger5
    3rd Gear

Status

Any idea what these do ?

I am picking up my new Audi (07 plate sport) on Saturday and I took a few pics of it.

It is fairly well specc'd with over 3K of extras on it and I am wondering if it has auto wipers (yellow) and what the switch does under the headlight level and dimming dials (green)

anyone got any ideas.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    The yellow is the intermittent wipe speed selector I think, and you get this regardless of auto wipe. The green is enable / disable follow me home lights. This is the clearest indication that you have auto lights and wipers btw, and in fact if you look closely at the headlight dial to the right, the second option is Auto.
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Interior Next!!

Status
    yeh still baffles me they have the wipe speed selector with auto wipers.. still confuses me? does it actually do anything??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Up the owls!

Status
    In auto mode no, but in manual mode yes
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Interior Next!!

Status
    id have a word about your mats lgooch, dont look like it fits too well
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers Consilio

I know that the car has auto lights but was not sure about the wipers ? Does it look like it has ?
    It also has an auto dimming mirror if this helps ?

Thanks

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lgooch View Post
    Cheers Consilio

I know that the car has auto lights but was not sure about the wipers ? Does it look like it has ?
    It also has an auto dimming mirror if this helps ?

Thanks
    sounds like you have interior visibility pack whick would include auto wipers... best way to checjk is when you next see the car check the rear view mirror box... (from outside car) should have a visile sensor box thingy...
    S

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    id have a word about your mats lgooch, dont look like it fits too well
    LOL - Pics were taken of the car before it was prepped for the forecourt. I found a complete set of new mats in the boot. So when I pick her up on Satruday everything should be well.

Enthusiast

Status
    You need to buy carpet that fits for the driver.
    VCDS USER

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    In auto mode no, but in manual mode yes
    That's strange! In my S3 and the wife's A6, the intermittent adjuster alters the sensitivity of the wipers in auto mode - i.e. you can make them have a longer delay in very light rain, or go like the clappers.

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Close up of audo wiper stalk

The flick switch in middle is for sensitivity but I've always felt it has a mind of it's own.

The green one you asked about (the button light up in my photo) is as other have mentioned the Leaving Home/Coming Home Lights that turn on / leave on the headlight when you unlock your car or when you get out of the car - Very nice feature.
    Last edited by Pii; 18th August 2010 at 20:15.

6th Gear

Status
    you definitely have auto wipers. they come together with auto lights on cars older than about 2004/04 i think. my 2005/54 definitely had both anyways.

put it up to the first notch for auto mode. the lever on the stalk itself is to set the sensitivity and yes i find it does work and quite well.

hope that helps.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine has auto wipers and it does change the sensitivity of the auto sensing function noticably. The button below the lights lets you keep the lights on for about a minute (I think) after the engine has been switched off and you walk away (good to see where the door lock is when you get home!)

6th Gear

Status
    i think there's coding in VAGCOM for how long the coming home light stay on. i think the default is 30sec but someone may be able to confirm. indeed it's useful. moreso for returning to the car in the dark i feel
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Yeah there is the option indeed as I've had my coming home shortened as I think they stay on too long.