Any idea what these do ?

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am picking up my new Audi (07 plate sport) on Saturday and I took a few pics of it.

It is fairly well specc'd with over 3K of extras on it and I am wondering if it has auto wipers (yellow) and what the switch does under the headlight level and dimming dials (green)

anyone got any ideas.

lightsandwipers.jpg

The yellow is the intermittent wipe speed selector I think, and you get this regardless of auto wipe. The green is enable / disable follow me home lights. This is the clearest indication that you have auto lights and wipers btw, and in fact if you look closely at the headlight dial to the right, the second option is Auto.

yeh still baffles me they have the wipe speed selector with auto wipers.. still confuses me? does it actually do anything??

id have a word about your mats lgooch, dont look like it fits too well :blink:

Cheers Consilio

I know that the car has auto lights but was not sure about the wipers ? Does it look like it has ?
It also has an auto dimming mirror if this helps ?

Thanks

Cheers Consilio

I know that the car has auto lights but was not sure about the wipers ? Does it look like it has ?
It also has an auto dimming mirror if this helps ?

Thanks

sounds like you have interior visibility pack whick would include auto wipers... best way to checjk is when you next see the car check the rear view mirror box... (from outside car) should have a visile sensor box thingy...

You need to buy carpet that fits for the driver. :)

In auto mode no, but in manual mode yes

That's strange! In my S3 and the wife's A6, the intermittent adjuster alters the sensitivity of the wipers in auto mode - i.e. you can make them have a longer delay in very light rain, or go like the clappers.

Close up of audo wiper stalk
3d8ad2f5.jpg

The flick switch in middle is for sensitivity but I've always felt it has a mind of it's own.

The green one you asked about (the button light up in my photo) is as other have mentioned the Leaving Home/Coming Home Lights that turn on / leave on the headlight when you unlock your car or when you get out of the car - Very nice feature.

Last edited:
you definitely have auto wipers. they come together with auto lights on cars older than about 2004/04 i think. my 2005/54 definitely had both anyways.

put it up to the first notch for auto mode. the lever on the stalk itself is to set the sensitivity and yes i find it does work and quite well.

hope that helps.

Mine has auto wipers and it does change the sensitivity of the auto sensing function noticably. The button below the lights lets you keep the lights on for about a minute (I think) after the engine has been switched off and you walk away (good to see where the door lock is when you get home!)

i think there's coding in VAGCOM for how long the coming home light stay on. i think the default is 30sec but someone may be able to confirm. indeed it's useful. moreso for returning to the car in the dark i feel

Yeah there is the option indeed as I've had my coming home shortened as I think they stay on too long.