Lowering 45mm (springs)

Rigla

S Line
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pretty new to the Audi scene, I'm liking what i've seen so far :)

I'm pondering with the idea of lowering my A3...

But 35mm doesnt seem enough to me as i've experinced with previous cars. 45mm on the other hand seems about right for me. Is there a down side to lowering it 45mm or is it fine just like 35mm?

Any advice is apoperciated!

:)

No problems at all.

Get it done. You wont regret it

Remember that the S-Line is already around 15mm lower so you'll need to take that off any springs quoted drop.

Damian @ DPM Performance

you mean it will be more like 60 ?

ahh i get you now, so a sport model is just normal height over an s line

i have the 50mm H&R springs in my s-line which is 35mm lower with them, more comfortable ride than the s-line springs IMO.

i have the 50mm H&R springs in my s-line which is 35mm lower with them, more comfortable ride than the s-line springs IMO.
ive got a sport and im thinking of lowering it , is it really more comfortable with the new springs because if it is them im getting some the ride on the sport is shocking lol

Well i can't comment on the ride of the sport, but the s-line is quite harsh as standard! Then when the H&R's went in it defiantly felt firmer in the bends but softer than the s-line when going over bumps etc

thats cool i think i might have to get some of them , how much were they and where did you get them from

Can get them in loads of places, i live in n.ireland so best option for me was the Internet and orange-tuning.de worked out the cheapest with delivery etc

Smoothie can you post a picture of your car so I can see how low it sits? are you running the standard wheels?

boys would have posted a picture and all but I'm on my iPhone, running the standard audi BBS Pescara’s 18" that came on my car, will get picture up asap

nice wheels they are an option wheel aren't they i think they also come on the vw golf gti edtion 30 if im not mistaken they look very nice on the golf to

yea that's them same as the ED30, think they were an option for a certain period of time around 2006 which is how my car ended up with them

IMG_0032.jpg

theres a quick snap of her ATM so the springs have well settled, there's no doubt it could come down more but coil-overs are not for me.

ps mikey of here helped me out when i was getting mine, i've a good picture of his car with them in if i come across it il post it up

that looks really nice. whats opinions if the car was on 19's would it sit fairly nice? without being too low

ohh yea the 19" would fill what gap is left there, but il be sticking with the 18" for the time being

ohh yea the 19" would fill what gap is left there, but il be sticking with the 18" for the time being

yeah, thats cool and it was for myself the 19's. am just still thinking it over what options to go for.

You get any rubbing or struggle with speed bumps?

zero rubbing, zero comfort compromise, and no speed bump problems just yet....

Damian @ DPM from above might be able to do something for you with a group buy

Group buy sounds good, had a quick look around and the costs seem to vary quite abit.

Smoothie, you're car is looking nice bud. Any chance you could get some more pics up? If i couldnt find an s-line in sprint blue, red was going be my alternative.

Count me in for a group buy.. H&R 50mm or Ebiach sportlines.

cheers mate yea really happy with how the car is coming on, sprint blue is nice and don't see many of s-lines with it mostly S3 so good find there bud.

SG1L7724-1.jpg

also Mikey off here sent me this when i was deciding what springs to go for, really helped me decide as it is same model as mine, hope he doesn't mind me using it:

vwfestival08040-1.jpg

I would be up for a group buy also.. Was going to drop it 35mm but after seeing those pics I've changed my mind :)

smoothie, do you have any trouble with a full car? i quite often have 4 adults in the car and cant be dealing with rubbing issues!

no mate not a single problem with 2 people in the back, never had 3 though lol mine have been in about 2months so they are well settled and i think they are great job. germany was cheapest for me at time of ordering and very helpful in terms of getting correct spring for car etc il hunt out the receipt to confirm but think it worked out about £180 delivered so hopefully your group buy will match that

I've got Eibach Sportlines on mine and looking at the pics, mine is definately lower on the front than the H&R equipped cars and probably the same at the back.

Most believe H&R to be the superior spring but with Eibach making all the OEM springs for the RS Ford ranges since the 80's and many other manufacturers since I have no problem with them at all. Nice ride, definately better than my S line was as standard.

yea I'd believe the eibachs to be just as good in terms of comfort, I looked at them when I was in buying the H&R but if I was going any lower than the H&R I'd upgrade my shocks

The guys at Midland VW told me that S line spec shocks are pretty good and you would have to go to something like Bilstein to improve on them and said they would only advise shocks if the car was a se or sport spec.