tick over again and injection quantity

tdi-man

Reaction score
heres my probelm.

CAR HAS DONE 190,000

with air con on in vcds 001 my injection quantity is 4.1 mg with air con of drops TO 1.9 mg

with air con on vcds 013 my injection quantity deviation cyl.1 is -1.08 with air con of drops to -3.01 mg

when air con is of engine ticks over with a slight stutter.

i have changed in tank fuel pump. and also changed injectors a few months ago with second hand ones . also changed injector loom. temp sensor. fuel temp sensor.

timing has been adjusted

i have 140 bkd engine

rpm -840 /min
ign. timing 0.0 btdc
idle stabilization 6.1cf
idle stabilization 0.5 cf

could the cam shafts be worn ? injector 1 faulty again ? or tandem pump be faulty ? tick over regulator valve ? NO FAULT CODES IN VAG COM ...

Last edited:
TBH mate worn cam shaft on these cars is one I've never heard of, so atm I'd say no, but thats not to say it isnt this, as its speculative over the net huh, you've corrected your timing now, I thought you already replaced your tandem pump with Mikey or am I thinking of another person?

When did you do cambelt last, did they change tensioner, just curious.

ok thanks... yes i put a used pump on which fixed 90% of fault so have just put a new one on and in tank pump as well.

for the first five minutes when starting from cold it's ok then ticks over like a slight miss fire but goes away if you put the air con on.

have noticed when you put the air con on that the injection quantity goes up to about 4.9ish and ticks over great so was wondering if i turn the presure up on the side of the pump if this will help ?

will be changing the second water temp sender soon to see what happens.

also just put some bg 244 diesel cleaner in tank today which is supposed to be the bees nees.

only started ticking over strange after we done a rad change and i have bleed the system a number of times.

may change thermostate and flush the whole system to see what happens.

changed air filter and fuel filter yesterday . fuel filter was black.

timing belt and tensioner was changed when i first got car and . timing is set to 0.5 on front cam .