My new PIAA DRL bulbs...before and after pics

jamieswales

Reaction score
After getting the S3, I noticed tha previous owner had turned off the DRL's, so after turning them back on I found out why. They look rubbish and very orange.

Bit of reading up on the forum and I found out about PIAA bulbs. So decided to order some. They are the most expensive bulbs I have ever purchased lol, but I'm happy with the results. They do look much whiter on real life as many of you will know

Before
DSCF4737.jpg

During
DSCF4738.jpg

After
DSCF4740.jpg

DSCF4741.jpg

Next job for the day, ring audi to see if they have some MY10 rear lights in stock.

They look good, but keep an eye on 'em fella. Others here have put those bulbs in & a few months later they've burnt out as they aren't the same wattage as the originals (or something similar).

Yeh i read about that. To be honest when I took the standard bulbs out the housings already look burn from the standard ones

I had these fitted on my MkV R32 sidelights and had no issues. Are yours going through risistors? I placed the resistors behind the front grill as they tended to get very hot.

Looks much better! I hate the orange bulbs hence I don't use the DRLs either.

Was suppose to order a set of these. Would replacing the housing be simple if they did burn out?

have to say nice car it looks fantastic in orange isaw a TTS in the same colour the other day looked awesome