S3 Clutch judder

brads

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can anyone help me with a quick question, I have just bought a 2008 S3 with 21k on it. I have noticed that when I release the clutch pedal in second gear without pressing the accelerator ie slowing down for a corner there is a small but noticable amount of clutch judder. Is this normal or is there a common problem? I will take it to the dealer but would rather go with knowledge if I can
smile.gif

Also i have noticed a jerkyness/clunk sometimes between gear changes? any ideas

Thanks in advance :yes:

I don't think this is normal to be honest. Not read any reports about this from anyone else. Maybe someone will be along shortly to help out.

Welcome to the site also. Get a post in the welcome sections and get some pics in the sticky!

Nice choice of car!

Thanks for the replys, maybe a little judder when setting off from cold. Noticed a clunking noise when going from full lock to left when stationary and a noise from the suspension going slow over bumps? Are Audis really this bad? The car is really not that old.

Thanks

I don't notice and clunking noise when full lock neither a noise from the suspension going over bumps.

Mate take it back and see what they say. You just purcahsed a 2008 S3 at 21k - that's still a baby!

yeah take it back!

Engine mount/clutch/flywheel..... Aint your issue take it back!

You are right its not that old and I expect the car to be right. I have booked it in and I will post my outcome :) thanks again for your replies.

Just been to my Audi stealers and they think the steering rack it faulty and are ordering a new one. The suspension noise could be coming from the rack but they said they would look while the car is stripped down. They are also going to strip down both door cards as they both rattle when driving quickly down rough A roads. Fingers crossed the car will be right when it gets done. I love the car but the little niggles are a concern. Oh they are also going to take a look at the drivers seat base for unusual wear for its age.....

Hi just a quick update, been into the stealers and had a new steering rack fitted, going back in again to replace either the clutch or flywheel. Suspension noise was coming from the rack so fingers crossed the car will be sorted soon. Oh forgot to mention 2 new front fogs to be replaced as they have misted up.

Brads

Did you buy your car from an Audi dealer - i.e was it Audi approved? If so, how the hell did it pass their million point check they're supposed to do?

At least they're sorting it and presumably all under warranty?

Yeah Audi Approved !!! Don't really think much to any of the so could checks any main dealers do. At the end of the day they will do as little as they can get away with. The blessing is that it is covered under warranty, thank god. I will post an update on the clutch issue soon.
Thanks