JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    2nd Gear

Status

Drivers seat sliding mechanism....

Mine doesnt slide anymore when i lift the seat handle to let passngers into my car. I have a few days next week to work on this. Is this an easy fix and what do i need to know before getting started.
    I have already taken the rear cover off the seat......

Cheers guys/gals

2. # ADS
    ADS

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    I need to do this soon as I have a very loud clicking from from the sliders which is annoying me.

I'm just going to remove the seats and inspect the sliders and hope for the best

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    how did you remove the rear cover on the seat?
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

2nd Gear

Status
    Chrissy - from memory ( as i did this a few months ago ) There are 4 clips which need to be undone so to speak. Ther are 2, 1 either side on the seat on the top corners. I gently placed a long flat head screwdrivers and GENTLY prised it out of its locator. There are then another 2 clips in the middle of the seat that require the same procedure. Be careful as i managed to break one of these clips. They are quite flimsy pieces of metal and i will need to get some of these but dont know the part numbers. I hope the seat mechanism has just undone itself from a cable. ( heres hoping! )

2nd Gear

Status
    I have just had a look at the seat and a black clip has fallen out from the seat. I dont think this has been the problem though and i dont know how to put it back on lol arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Neutral

Status
    Did you have an joy fixing this? as i have the same problem on a Cab b6 what year and spec is your car?