MFSW and Cruise Control

matt123890

Reaction score
i Know this has been discussed but never seemed to get a definate answer to whether you cancode the multi function steering wheel and cruisecontrol with steering ECU 1K0 953 549 AF without having to buy new ecu and slip ring ???

Would really appeciate your replies if you have any ideas ??

:thumbsup::p

Not sure about MFSW but I retro-fitted cruise control with that ECU which worked ok. Doesn't work quite how intended ( 'set' switch on end is inoperative ) but works by moving switch up and/or down and push/pull which is perfectly acceptable, to me anyway.

Can't see why it shouldn't work with MFSW as coding allows for that as far as I can remember.

Cheers

ChEers mike i may give the cruise control a bash after payday then !!

Anybody else know about whether i can code the ecu and slip ring that is allready fitted ! to accept the MFSW !!

Mike if u`re interested in making your Cruise work 100% i got a ECU for sale (very decent price) and is perfectly compatible!

Part number is the same but has AH in the end (off a 2008 model)

Matt the ECU i got for sale is just for cruise retrofit. I decided to change it since i wanted to add a MF steering wheel also!
So i guess it wont work for you if you`re after a MFSW as well!

Mike quick question, how do you activate your CC if the SET button doesn`t work?

The CC works by pulling the stick towards you to make it ready and then when you arrive at the chosen speed you flick it downwards and it activates (light on dash etc ). After braking and hence de-activating, when you want it to resume you flick it upwards and it returns to the previously set speed. You increase/decrease the speed by flicking up/down whilst activated.

Apart from changing gear or braking to de-activate you push the stick away from you which not only de-activates but also cancels the previous setting.

Sounds a bit complicated but doesn't take much getting used to and, I think, has all the features of the 'normal' CC without using the 'set' button on the end.

Cheers

Hehe, yeah if u get used to it , seems perfectly fine!

I`m just used to pushing the SET button when i get to speed and then flick up/down to add-remove speed :)