Ferodo DS2500 for S3 Sportback?

kinson

Reaction score
wanted to change the OEM break pads on my 2009 S3 Sportback, however was told that DS2500 does not fit my car. and modification is required to put the pads on. may I get some advice from fellow members here? what other pads can be considered if I wish to have the same level of quality as DS2500?

The DS2500 catalogue does not list the S3. However, it lists the 2.0T and I am pretty sure it has the same callipers with the S3. Can anyone with ETKA verify? If that's the case you can get the DS2500 of the 2.0T. That's what I will probably do when it's time for new brakes.

These should be the ones you need - Front FCP1765H and Rear FCP1636H as copied from here - SCR - linky.

This is confirmed by many of the European guys running them on the S3, as discussed on another site last week. Don't know why they are not listed for S3. You could call JKM if you are uncertain or Motoscope who advised me that DS2500 were available on 8PS3.

Edit: Seems 2.0TQ uses a different pad. Those ones listed for the LCR above have the same 'numbers' as the 3.2Q, although the 'letter' prefix is slightly different, which would make sense.

Last edited:
The DS2500 catalogue does not list the S3. However, it lists the 2.0T and I am pretty sure it has the same callipers with the S3. Can anyone with ETKA verify? If that's the case you can get the DS2500 of the 2.0T. That's what I will probably do when it's time for new brakes.

The calipers of the S3 are different to the 2.0T

Just confirming that front Ferodo 2500 pads are FCP1765H.I have them on my 2008 3 dr S3 8P.Have done 16000k's on them,with a fair few Track days,and there's still plenty on them.
Work well on the street and track.

Thanks MACCAA. It's a question often asked, so I posted it on the FAQ thread.

Thanks MACCAA. It's a question often asked, so I posted it on the FAQ thread.

Cheers both... :icon_thumright:

I was getting right mixed up, as the Ferodo racing link provided lists the front pads for the A3 2.0TFSi Quattro 200KW as FDS1641, but says for 8P1 models from 9/04, which isn't right dates for the 200KW S3 .
Also gave a "racing range" option of FCP1641, but only lists a 147KW output car. And gives the sizes of the FCP1765H as up to 3mm diferent to their recommended FDS1641 pads. :think: :wacko:

Just needed someone actually using some pads to clear it up :)