problems remaps may cause

Matt_

Reaction score
im wanting to get my pd140 remapped. Been looking at just going and buying a 170, but it seems silly.

Got alot of bits sat in the garage waiting to go on having read alot on this forum, arb's, uprated discs and pads ect. coily's coming soon.

But i was just wondering what expirience or problems people have had with remaps...

I know these engines have had alot of problems with head's cracking, and read some where they have quite weak turbo's..

Did anyone find these a problem after? im kind of on the thinking, if its going to fail, its going to happen, the remap will just make it happen abit quicker.

Also what remaps do people get? ive looked at AMD and revo... any others? Any pro's con's? They all seem to offere similar figures.

I've got a Bluefin but on the 170 for 8 months now. Not had any problems with the Bluefin remap.

Also wondering if its really a good idea..... seeing as my 140 is on 128k and its a 53 plate... dont want any problems that may be coming to arrive sooner

Most of the VAG group have weak clutch/DMF set-ups and they dont always stand up to tuning.
You will only really know once the car has been remaped, and if the cluthc/DMF os already tired it will pretty much slip as soon as the car is mapped.

Might be worth asking your remap supplier/tuner to do you a 7 day money back deal (iirc Superchips do this for Bluefin) at least this will give the chance to change your mind if the car plays up straight after the remap.

Good luck

Cheers
Paul