Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

Difference between stage 2 and 2+

As i have now completed stage 2 (ITG and MT TBE plus Revo software) I am tempted to call it quits on performance mods and start on the pretty stuff.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me from experience if I am going to notice a massive difference between stage 2 and the addition of the HPFP at 700+ with the extra software??

Its just that 700 gets me a FBMFSW or some new wheels and as I dont intend to track the car, is it really worth the extra ?

Any thoughts most welcome.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Mid range is significantly improved, you'll notice the difference... but beware you may need to upgrade the clutch

5th Gear

Status
    Thats what scares me - its not just the 700+ for the pump - its the circa 1k for the clutch!!

4th Gear

Status
    The APR pump may cost that much, but there are countless of us running Autotech and KMD pumps with NO issues. Don't taken in by internet rumour mill about the scores of pump failures; you will need to keep an eye on the cam follower regardless of what pump you fit. These other pumps are significantly less expensive. I can't remember off the top of my head, but ~300 mark. I got mine done at Stattler and they know their onions and have had no probs in the last ~12k. Then 50 to go 2+ with Revo.

My clutch is still holding out too having done ~12k. So many variables involved to say what will be the case with yours though. I will go uprated 'when' it fails, but until then I am modding the car based on what I want to do now, and not on the basis of what might happen.

Tis' up to you mate.

5th Gear

Status
    I have looked at the internals route but with the supply and build its looking like 400 + REVO so not overly cheap. I guess i need to try a 2+ car compared with my 2!

But how far do you go.........

2nd Gear

Status
    I have just gone from stage 2+ to stage 1 for 2 weeks and its a massive difference! Would hate to feel what stock is like for a while. I think you notice the difference more when you downgrade rather than upgrade.

Sort the internals then pay revo 100 and you will be smiling all day long. Far much more return than jazzing up the car.
    S3 Sportback - Ibis White
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

Wanted: Stock S3 facelift alloys

2nd Gear

Status
    avp in burton upon trend does arp internals for stock pumps for 230 fitted and he is a revo dealer as well

5th Gear

Status
    So whats the difference between all of these pumps?? (Did you mean APR?)
    Last edited by JamesS4cab; 13th August 2010 at 19:20.

2nd Gear

Status
    They are pretty much the same apart from the fact the APR has been tested...and it costs 750 new.

Im sure i read that some other big were slightly different, will try to locate the post.
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

2nd Gear

Status
    They are pretty much the same apart from the fact the APR has been tested...and it costs 750 new.

Im sure i read that some other big were slightly different, will try to locate the post.

5th Gear

Status
    HPFP will make your mid range loads better....++ extra fuel right where the K04 is boosting the most, it will make a big difference that can be felt.
    Top end may not improve vastly but the power and torque curve beneath that will be much more of a big fat plateau after the boost kicks in then before,
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012