s3 kit

tazmalik

Reaction score
Anyone know how much it cost for a full s3 replica kit? on a 05 or maybe 06 2.0tdi a3..

The bumpers, grilles and skirts work out about £1700 from Audi, then theres fitting and painting which I would guess at about 5-600

hmm, thinking about going for it coz insurance going 2 be high on s3.. seein as im heading for 21 in a few months

iv had a look on ebay n front bumper rear grill all in is about 500..need 2 find out about painting n fitting!

tbh there isn't likely to be much difference in insurance price between a TDI and an S3 - the point is the A3 range is very sought after and very stealable, and a lot of ppl try racing you at the lights.

to put it into context, i'm on Admiral Multicar with my parents and sister, we have 2 S-Classes, an SLK and an A3. we're all fully comp on all 4 cars. i've just swapped the A3 i had (a 1.6 Sport) for another A3 (2.0T S-Line) and the insurance went up by a total of £300. for 4 ppl £75 each is neither here nor there considering how expensive insurance is anyway for the cars we're having insured

sub39h, so uv got a 2.0t sline now..n i know u can get a 2.0t s3. so insurance would be similar?

im with admiral too, on a 1.8t the now..with my dad, me n bro at around 1800..price went up when my bro passed by 300 quid or so! think il find out from admiral if they can give me a reasonable quote..n take it from there

S3's are hugely expensive to insure when your young but like said, a TDI will be pricey too, just not so horrific!

im 100 a year @22 onmy s3 full comp nd named driver cosmetic mods declared

S3's are hugely expensive to insure when your young but like said, a TDI will be pricey too, just not so horrific!

I'm 19 and have a 2.0 TDI fully comp all in my own name for £745 p/a. I cannot get insured on a S3 under £1700.

You better watch out though, if you declare the mods (bodykit or whatever) they might void your insurance should you have an accident or its stolen as although its an A3 it looks like an S3, even more sought after and if it looks a lot like an S3 they'll (insurance) say its an S3.

I'm pretty sure someone else on this fourm said this aswell.

jonay what insurance company u with? if its 1700 on ur own for a s3, im sure itd be better if i can get say mum on policy?

i'd imagine that the S3's insurance will be more than the 2.0T's. but again in context the car is actually the most expensive to insure of the 4. granted one of the S-Classes is a 2000 model and is basically worthless, but the other one is a 2 year old 320 CDI with a full AMG bodykit and quad AMG exhausts worth £80k brand new and the SLK is only a 200 but it's got the Sport pack on it so it's fairly flashy.

the point i'm trying to make is that the A3 is expensive to insure regardless, but i'd imagine that if you want an S3 you're gonna spend more trying to make a TDI look like an S3 than if you just got insured on an S3 in the first place.

btw i'm 23 years old and i had to declare 3 points for speeding and have had 2 accidents in the last 3 years. both weren't my fault but it still makes a difference. however i'm also a doctor which brings my insurance down a bit.

the only other tip i can give is that having a girl on your insurance on addition to your fine self, your dad and bro will actually lower it. your mum, sister, cousin it doesn't actually matter and it doesn't actually matter if she drives it or not but it'll still bring your insurance down.

yeh good idea abt having a girl on the policy..cheers mate