you guys have got me worried

bokoboy

Reaction score
im picking up my 2.0 tdi a3 sport next week 05 plate done 58k full audi service book :cool: but after reading the first ten pages of the forum the porus cylinder head problem has got me panicking :scared2: im gettin a years approved warranty of dealer would this cover it if the worst happened :unsure:

Going to a fourm is an instant way to scare the **** outta what ever car you have just bought lol, you see a million things that can go wrong and think that it will happen to your car, or you get paranoid that your car has a problem lol

Going to a fourm is an instant way to scare the **** outta what ever car you have just bought lol, you see a million things that can go wrong and think that it will happen to your car, or you get paranoid that your car has a problem lol
this is true i 100% agree with this

Mine had the head done at stafford audi in 2006 so mine must have gone pretty early, Its still running like new.

2005 is the cut off point for the dodgy heads so you could be lucky.

I bought an 05 plate 2.0 tdi sport last December with 65k on the clock. The model year is 2006 however and registered in August 2005.

Had a coolant leak which turned out to be the popular leaking radiator syndrome that Mk5 Golfs have which was replaced under warranty.

No problems since so I assume that the head on mine is ok. Just in case, I put in a bottle of K-Seal which you add to the coolant reservoir.

It is highly likely that you will be ok. Hope so

Good luck