who has had the best Audi Dealer courtesy car?? :)

smbAudi

Reaction score
Right had my A3 now for just over a year and I'm now being warned of my pending first AVS service after 15K miles. Got a qoute from Audi Birmingham for £250 inc Pollen Filter which I don't think is too bad really.

Anyway one of the perks of taking your car to Audi for servicing is the nice toy they give you to play with for the day. So I was wondering what is the best courtesy car that has been handed out to you guys owning an A3/S3?

My car went in for random alarm going off and passenger window courtesy close failure about 6 months ago. During this day they gave me an A4 Avant 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Tiptronic with Nav!! from being used to a 1.9TDIe A3 it was quite a step up and I made the most of it!! lol

Best I've had without requesting something specific is the latest shape A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro S-line Avant. Had it for 10 days too, was a nice car just a bit bulky when you wanted to throw it along a twisty road!

Anyone know if theres a age limit on gettin a courtesy car from them?

I got given an 09 plate A4 Avant S-line 1.8TFSI. It was surprisingly quick, although my car was a 2.0FSI at the time.

I've had a4 TDIs both times I've taken my s3 in. Once the estate version (Avant?) once normal a4. Too bulky for my tastes would have preferred simple a3 to be honest

Had a 20Tdi A4 Wagon a few weeks back and thought the cabin was fantastic. Even without leather it makes the S3/A3 cabin seem a bit ordinary. Hate to say it.

S3, 3.0tdi A4 Cab, A6 Avant 3.0tdi.....

I wonder if all the posters in this thread all own S3's that had to go back for Warranty, I had an A6 Advant S-Line 2TDI, Monstrous beast, a car I would never buy for sure, Might ask for a new S4 when I have to take it back again

I'm a bit of a freak. I sit and wait for my car, so I haven't had a courtesy car from Audi. I don't trust them. :D

I'm a bit of a freak. I sit and wait for my car, so I haven't had a courtesy car from Audi. I don't trust them. :D

LOL,, well you would have been sitting in there for quite a few days, in my case, and even then I gave up and got it back even though they could not fix it, some have not seen their car for 5 weeks it seems

LOL,, well you would have been sitting in there for quite a few days, in my case, and even then I gave up and got it back even though they could not fix it, some have not seen their car for 5 weeks it seems

yeah that'd suck! fortunately it's only been very minor things / first service so far!

I Win ...A5 cab 3.0 tdi white 20" wheels 2010 list price £42000 and i had all day baking hot too soooo loved that car !

I had an A4 2.0 TDi Multitronic S Line in Mauritius blue, was soooo nice! Enjoyed the multitronic most of the time, but did find it was slow to react. Definitely slower than my A3, but it was so comfortable and relaxing! Wish I could've had a courtesy car for my previous services as this is the first year I'm old enough to get a courtesy car off them! Anyone had a Q7 for a courtesy car? Or is it something that dealers will never use?

I had a 4.2TDI A8 :wub: for the week as the car i was ment to be given was involved in a crash, so they just used what they had left lol. It was an absolute beauty:rock:! V8 diesel :eyebrows: and all the toys, inc the sport pack. Deffo the best loan car i think i will ever have whilst i have the A3:greyrs4:

Just been given a 2010 A4 avant with 1.8Tfsi. Not been out in it but it's got leather and ami!

Heh best i had from Cambridge Audi was a q5 due to warranty work screw up on my a3 :)

S3, A5 3.0 tdi, TT Cab, A6 3.0 tdi le mans & old S4 from West London Audi

Damn you brits getting all these excellent courtesy cars. Where I live (Netherlands) we never get a free car. You can hire one at a reduced rate. And even then you get crappy cars. The best I got was a A3 1.6 but usually it is a very low spec VW Polo or Seat Ibiza or Seat Arosa with a 1.2 or 1.4 engine. I don't understand these dealers. At the prices we pay for a simple service it would be easy for them to throw in a proper courtesy car. If I were a dealer I'd always give the customer a better loaner than their own car and make 'm drool over it so maybe they'd buy something bigger next time.

i got a r8.....

i wish i used the taxi service as i was working so no point having the c/car and the risk of leaving parked up somewhere.

i got a r8.....

i wish i used the taxi service as i was working so no point having the c/car and the risk of leaving parked up somewhere.

pics? or keep dreaming lol

haha........ "i wish"

instead of c/car option i had a grease monkey drop me off and pick me up from work.

lol wiggsy - i thin i wouldn't mind that.

Had an A3 Sline DSG, A3 TDI and an A4 Advant TDI. Favourite was the A4 - very very nice interiror with a couple of modem tech gizmos like the auto start/stop thingy and full auto closure. B&O speakers werent bad also!

Last time i had a loan car my A3 was in for 6 weeks. Good luck if you would rather wait..

A6 2.0 TDI S-Line. was a nice piece of kit, but i'd prefer the Jag XF personally...

I had a '59 plate S6 for a day when i took mine in to get some rattles fixed. Awesome car for long distance, but didn't impress me down the twisties to be honest, you can really feel the weight shifting. If I was on a long continental journey then it would be ideal.

So far, in no real order:

09 A3 1.6 TFSI - Really basic
09 Q5 2.0 TDI - Was fully loaded, loved it
09 A4 2.0 TDI - Basic spec and handled like a boat
09 Q7 3.0 TDI - Very nice :)
10 A6 2.0 TDI - Forget spec but was a nice car
10 A4 2.0 TDI - S-Line
10 A4 2.0 TDI - S-Line Estate

TBC!

Only just had my 1st service, so just the one for me.

A6 2.0 TDI with every gizmo imaginable. Only had 50 miles on the clock.

I broke her cherry so to speak !!

Bit to boat like for me!
Still A lovely family cruiser though.