Computer Says 'God Knows'!

Pii

Reaction score
Guys

Rough day at work and only got home at 01:00 so I'm not thinking straight. Need some opinions and advice please.

I have been following Auld's Milly group buy (Brillant discount) and was doing some maths to see if I could afford this (would mean I have to live off bread and tap water for the rest of the month!).

So I emailed my regular place for an installation quote and they offered me an 8 month old old Blueflame Turbo Back exhaust for £630 fitted!

Now I'm not too great on exhausts so have done some searches here and google. I have read positive reviews on Blueflame.

So the dilema now is do I
1) Go the whole hog and do a Milly with the perks of lifetime warranty.
2) Take up the Blueflmae offer for probably half the costs
3) Sod everything so I am able to feed myself this month

Pros and cons advise please...

I hate these decisions - I feel like a woman in a shoe shop!

Last edited:
Thanks Auld! I said I wasn't thinking straight!! Now edited lol!

So... what would you do in my place?

Last edited:
I would 1st reconsider the choice in wheels :p

Then consider if you really are doing it for any real reason than just to swing your penis round your head & say I have a Milltek, do it for a real reason Phil not to be one of the baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh sheep.

Milltek are good admittedly in the right setup that is, but a sound of an exhaust doesnt add up to the cost if you get sweet fa from it on the engine side, if you suffered from back pressure issues (the car matey) or were going to have it mapped even further than your generic map currently, then I'd consider an upgrade.

hahahahahahahahahahaha brill. :fishingrod: ;)

I don't really know too much about blueflame so cant comment.

IF your heart/head is set on a milltek, why not just wait until you can afford it without sacrificing other things *cough food*.

If it was my choice, i'd wait. If it's any consolation, i'd love a milltek, but cant afford it now either so will have to wait (saving for NHN to install my bi-xenons :) ). You never know, we could start another group buy in a few months down the line and get the same deal.

Hope that helps.

Pii - I also have a dilemna mate.

Auld has pulled a blinder here with the discount on offer, no doubt.

But if Im shelling out for a Milltek (or other) then i will be following up with and intake and Stage 2 code to maximise the outlay.

BUT, my clutch wont take it as its on the limit now.

I would LOVE the sound of a `proper` exhaust when the taps are open and the potential for more grunt but dont relish spunking 2K on a new clutch/DMF setup for now.

Even if I could get an exhaust for 50p, its will still cost me £2000.50p if I take the plunge.

Damn these chocolate clutches.:(

cheers
Paul

PS -Both options are great value, BF looks tempting as a supply & fit deal..

I would 1st reconsider the choice in wheels :p

Then consider if you really are doing it for any real reason than just to swing your penis round your head & say I have a Milltek, do it for a real reason Phil not to be one of the baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh sheep.

Milltek are good admittedly in the right setup that is, but a sound of an exhaust doesnt add up to the cost if you get sweet fa from it on the engine side, if you suffered from back pressure issues (the car matey) or were going to have it mapped even further than your generic map currently, then I'd consider an upgrade.

Wheel decision remains lol!

LMAO I want to swing proud whilst running up and down the high street.

On a serious note, all very valid points and appreciate the sound advice as always!

Hows Italy? Not long now mate!!

I don't really know too much about blueflame so cant comment.

IF your heart/head is set on a milltek, why not just wait until you can afford it without sacrificing other things *cough food*.

If it was my choice, i'd wait. If it's any consolation, i'd love a milltek, but cant afford it now either so will have to wait (saving for NHN to install my bi-xenons :) ). You never know, we could start another group buy in a few months down the line and get the same deal.

Hope that helps.

It's not as bad as no food LOL - i must stop writing these threads at silly hours!

Bi-xenons are very nice and NHN will do a great job! You are in good hands!

Pii - I also have a dilemna mate.

Auld has pulled a blinder here with the discount on offer, no doubt.

But if Im shelling out for a Milltek (or other) then i will be following up with and intake and Stage 2 code to maximise the outlay.

BUT, my clutch wont take it as its on the limit now.

I would LOVE the sound of a `proper` exhaust when the taps are open and the potential for more grunt but dont relish spunking 2K on a new clutch/DMF setup for now.

Even if I could get an exhaust for 50p, its will still cost me £2000.50p if I take the plunge.

Damn these chocolate clutches.:(

cheers
Paul

PS -Both options are great value, BF looks tempting as a supply & fit deal..

Hit the nail on the head Paul! Only reason to change exhaust system is to build up to the next stage!

I have these exact same thoughts as you because Stg 2 will then require clutch and flywheel for sure so whatever the costs there is a need to factor in additional costs for further work!

Ahhhh.. ASN is a great place of knowledge which then leads to one temptation after another....

BF seems like a good deal indeed!

Last edited: