Installing map reading lights

tku

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering for those who have installed them onto their car..How do I remove the original? And are they easy to install? I have ordered the part from Audi after doing a search for the part number and just needing to know how to remove and install before I get my accident prone hands on them. Don't want to damage anything! Cheers in advance. Oh and the icons are back!:rockwoot:

very easy job dont worry 10 mins max pop off the clear cover (where the interior lights shine through) pop off the plastic part at the front and you should see two screws or hex screws at the front undo them pull the unit down at the front undo wiring replace with new unit in reverse order easy as that

very easy job dont worry 10 mins max pop off the clear cover (where the interior lights shine through) pop off the plastic part at the front and you should see two screws or hex screws at the front undo them pull the unit down at the front undo wiring replace with new unit in reverse order easy as that

So all I need is a screwdriver? Thanks for advice mate..much appreciated.

What was the part number and price please, im looking for the black one.

yeah thats all you need unless they are hex screws instead either way very easy and quick to do

Where bouts do you pop the cover off? Is it from the front end near the windscreen or near the see through light section? Thanks in advance!

£69+ vat so about £83.

a step by step pic guide
13082010816.jpg
13082010817.jpg
13082010818.jpg
13082010820.jpg
13082010821.jpg
13082010823.jpg
13082010824.jpg
13082010825.jpg
13082010826.jpg
13082010827.jpg

Mate that was so helpful! Let me hit you with a thank you for a useful post haha.

£83 for a bit of plastic with 2 extra lights! WOW

Haha thats Audi for ya!! ..However..it's starting to grow on me..maybe it's even becoming justifiable as those 2 buttons and 2 lights add an extra mood to the interior and I think if I could change the bulbs to LED's il be a happy man. £83 is a rip off but you know what..its not a bad mod..and my cheapest so far lol.

sweet is this the part that has the (Interior red led behind reading lights) illuminating the gearstick area at night?

sweet is this the part that has the (Interior red led behind reading lights) illuminating the gearstick area at night?
yeah it is they are two small leds that sit in the front of the unit you can see them in the fifth pic and the following pics except my unit hasnt got the map reading lights because i retro fitted the leds into my unit but im going to buy a new unit soon with them in

8EO 947 135 D 6PS

So is this the part number for the black unit with the two led's??

i think it is give audi a ring on monday and quote that number they will be able to tell you if its the black one with the leds in it

yea il check it out with them before i order, nice to have the part-numbers though instead of depending on a tuned-in parts guy

8EO 947 135 D 6PS

So is this the part number for the black unit with the two led's??

Does you car have the airbag warning light on yours or is it on centre console?

I believe 8P0 947 135 N 6PS is for the one with the airbag light. I doubt that includes the red ambient lights though, they will be extra as only the earlier models had it on the roof & the ambient lights weren't available on early models.

It looks pretty tight getting it out! Havent tried myself but I guess if your replacing light unit you can afford to be a bit rough on old housing LOL