Question about Facelift A3 Retrofit LED

muktlee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to purchase an A3 1.4t facelift 2009+

But where I live this model has been offered by dealers without the front LED Xenon Plus lights package.

I have a question and I apologize if it has been asked before, but is it possible to order the original Audi Xenon Plus / LED Headlights through a garage and have them retrofit them onto this A3.

Thank you very much for your help, as it will greatly effect whether or not I pursue this second hand a3.

Hi,

I am looking to purchase an A3 1.4t facelift 2009+

But where I live this model has been offered by dealers without the front LED Xenon Plus lights package.

I have a question and I apologize if it has been asked before, but is it possible to order the original Audi Xenon Plus / LED Headlights through a garage and have them retrofit them onto this A3.

Thank you very much for your help, as it will greatly effect whether or not I pursue this second hand a3.

if youre wanting the xenon plus which is the cornering youre looking at great expense and the garage will more than likely be lost when it comes to retroing them, however pm nhn and he will get you sorted

for the cornering you will deffinately need

new levelling sensors
the lights ballasts bulbs and powerpacks
a new central convenience module (possibly)
a new light module

and a rewire

nhn is a top lad and he will give you an idea on his cost to do the mod

oh and optionally a new front bumper with washer cutouts and a washer tank

It cost a fortune to do properly, even more if your not doing the work yourself. I'd look for a car with xenons if your heart is set on them.

It cost a fortune to do properly, even more if your not doing the work yourself. I'd look for a car with xenons if your heart is set on them.

+1

In case you are thinking you can do HIDs - you can't as they will blow your wiper motor.

If you want Xenons then honestly find a car with it on as it will be a mamouth retrofit.

Is it possible to facelift an 8P1/2 to an 8P3 then? I've seen CAT D's and the like with the face lift but is it possible to have DRL's or any working headlights for that matter on them? Is it a huge expensive job to do?

Yes it is and PS5nd on here is doing it to his 8p2 . LOTS AND LOTS of work though.

Taking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long though.

Pull your finger out Phil!

from what i have seen its really not worth the effort

its a stupid amount of work, electrically its simple though if youve already been wired for bixenon if you pop over to vagoc and check out my build thread youll get an idea

and scottie good things to those who wait ;)

Just double checking if you all don't mind. But your comments are all based on a 8p3 retrofit correct?

Yea, Like Phil said, i think it's a matter of fabricating the wings and other panels to fit correctly on the older 8P1/2 and to get it looking good takes alot of time and effort.

So Phil, is it litrally plug and play with 8P3 headlights? I thought a new module or somthing was needed which was really difficult to make work correctly. :/

should be plug n play there is no differences, i figure worst case scenario will be a rewirde of the plug or a recode ill have to look at what is getting powered and when, what i can tell you is that the led's did not fire up on my dads s3 (it doesnt have the light sensor) the xenons all fired up alright though not had the chance to plug into mine yet i dont forsee any new module

sorry guys to bump an old thread. So is it possible to retro fit the DRL to an audi with the 8p3 bumpers etc on it? Basically i have an audi a3 8p1, which now has the current audi a3 8p3 numper and lights. However, the lights arent DRL's. Is it possible to fit the DRL's without the auto levels and washers etc. I know this wont pass the mot...

bassically no not without errors all over the place, i also wouldnt help someone not wanting to do the job properly as youll have the lights in other road users eyes and could potentially cause accidents