09 rear lights?

I just bought some today they are 83+vat each so your looking at about £200 for a pair (same price for the MY2011 lights). The new MY2011 rear lights have the same part number as the old facelifts lights but finish with a C (instead of an A, dont have the part number to hand sorry) and they are darker tinted, got the new ones fitted today and I would say they are noticably darker then the old facelift rear lights.

Ps sorry if I've confused anyone lol

Any chance off some pictures off the new darker ones? thanks!

I'll grab a camera and take a pic at some point, might upload the pics tomorrow.

there is a 2nd hand set on ebay for 165 if anyones interested... older facelift ones though

You guys say older facelift ones are these the 2009 ones aswell? When did the new ones come out? Thanks dudes

You guys say older facelift ones are these the 2009 ones aswell? When did the new ones come out? Thanks dudes

Yes that's correct, now there are three taillights, the pre-facelift, the facelift and a newer MY2011 facelift. The MY2011 cars will have the latest tail lights so the 2009 will be the old facelift ones, if that makes sense. Only difference is the MY2011 ones are darker in apperance as far as im aware, will try to get a pic soon.

there is a 2nd hand set on ebay for 165 if anyones interested... older facelift ones though

Well if you push the salesman, a 10% discount can be achieved, so your looking at about £180, depends on how good of a relationship you have with your dealer :thumbsup:

the old facelift ones are 2008-2010. The new darker tinted ones are the same light, just a darker tint to them and they are only on MY11 cars so i think maybe only 1 or 2 people have these at the moment seeings as the MY11 cars only came out a few weeks ago.

Have a look at the pics thread on this forum, a guy has posted up his MY11 S3 with these lights fitted. They do look a bit darker.

I've been watching that set of rear lights on ebay for days. They started at £40, they were £105 this morning, now £165 plus £10 delivery! That's only about £20 cheaper than buying new from audi at the price quoted above. (Although I've heard you can get them for about £165 new from Audi??)

I'll never understand why people pay almost the same amount of money (or sometimes more than) they could pay for brand new. I see it all the time on ebay.
Guess they just don't do their research.

Thanks guys just purchased the 2009 lights for my 2004 plate but got them for a steel so can't complain ha

do these MY11 come fitted with the bulbs from audi?? And will they fit a 2004 model

cheers

Last edited:
3 types now???? Hadn't realised they had changed for 2011. Might pop to dealers & take a look, I've still got 2004 version!

Yes, they will fit 2004 & I'm sure they come with bulbs & holders.

Does anyone have the part numbers for them? Im after the MY2011 ones...

cheers

You hit the nail on the head there... People assume that parts at dealers are so expensive that they MUST be cheaper on E-bay. It's often not the case and this proves it.

IMG_4146.jpg

Does anyone have the part numbers for them? Im after the MY2011 ones...

cheers

Part numbers are 8P3945095C for left & 8P3945096C right, comes with holder and all required bulbs.

...I don't recall anyone specifically identifying their request as being for 3-door or Sportback... I hope everybody is on the same page!

:)

As for me, I could REALLY use the part numbers for the INNER tail assemblies (LED) for a Sportback; -both sides.

..And wouldn't this be a "tail-lift" instead of a "face-lift"?

:uhm:

I've been watching that set of rear lights on ebay for days. They started at £40, they were £105 this morning, now £165 plus £10 delivery! That's only about £20 cheaper than buying new from audi at the price quoted above. (Although I've heard you can get them for about £165 new from Audi??)

I'll never understand why people pay almost the same amount of money (or sometimes more than) they could pay for brand new. I see it all the time on ebay.

Same here, I was winning them at 105 then someone stuck a high bid in... The guy stays local to me and just told me he only paid £150 for them just under a year ago lol.

i do like the my2011 rear lights might have to invest in some of them as ive been wanting to upgrade my rear lights to the 09 ones for a while so i think i'll save that little bit more and get the new ones